Ouch!

And, before the elves behind the list bully reply, I rest my case! This list is going from bad to worse!

Didn't your dog once nearly jump into the "tele" when it was observing a dog being trained with a (marker) clicker????????????

No offence, but...........really............................click click.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actaully update on our training, timing is getting heaps better, and so are the dogs! There was no snapping today from the Shepherd at all (Which lasted all of, oh I don't know, 3 or 4 dangerous death defying days!! :cry: ) As he's figured out now what he has to do. I am SOOO loving this training!!!

And if you think food is much safer :cry:

At the daycare you have to watch your fingers when giving dogs treats. Some dogs (many of the Labs especially) will almost take them off for a treat ;) So I make my hand a fist with the treat inside. Some may mouth my hand, but eventually stop and then I give them the treat

:love: You poor thing. Thank goodness my dogs do not do this type of behaviour even though they have been bred to have plenty of drive.

I nearly lost my hand once when the owner of a GSD with a high drive for leaves didn't warn me, we were all sitting down and I happened to pick up a leaf, not fun at all, I know exactly how you feel.

Edited by helen

I nearly lost my hand once when the owner of a GSD with a high drive for leaves didn't warn me, we were all sitting down and I happened to pick up a leaf, not fun at all, I know exactly how you feel.

EEK! Who could predict that happening :love: I've never heard of a dog going crazy over leaves. Was it on a lead? Should have been if there were leaves present.

HNC": Would hate to see the results if a child happened to get hold of the desired toy in the dog's presence!

The mind boggles. It's a disaster waiting to happen!

And, before the elves behind the list bully reply, I rest my case! This list is going from bad to worse!

K9: Your trolling is becoming rediculous.... Seems you want to follow around threads that have anything to do with my training & troll them...

Im sure you wont like it if I do it to you...

If you had any idea this teaches a dog to control its prey drive, the dogs your reading about are in the drive development stages, not the focus stages...

A dog with uncontrolled prey drive is more likely to target something that it isnt supposed to..

As for the list going from bad to worse, I agree, your trolling should have been stopped long ago...

There is no law keeping you here by the way....

HNC: I don't consider my comments "stupid"!

K9: neither do I, they are designed to discredit this training method people have learned from me...

HNC: Please don't try to engage me in debate again!.

K9: you engage yourself, no one forces you to post...

Why havent you cpme fourth in ths Schutzhund posts? Maybe because they are related to me?

Your breaking the forum rules...

H: I nearly lost my hand once when the owner of a GSD with a high drive for leaves didn't warn me, we were all sitting down and I happened to pick up a leaf, not fun at all, I know exactly how you feel.

K9: & of course you know that if this dog was trained in prey drive he wouldnt do this... so your for the method right?

I gotta say that I think we are talking amongst ourselves here, as henrychlo finds us repulsive enough not engage in the debate although we have tried to provide him/her with info, photos etc.

I also would like to add that I got seriously mauled yesterday by a flock of razorblades covered in fur. :love: (namely a litter of pupps)

The flock of them followed me when I tested they prey drive, they latched on to my legs, to my arms, my hair, one tried my ear. You should see my ankles and my hands :( clothing ripped, I guess if the ground wasnt turned into mud and if I had enough courage to be laying down Id be dead by now :cheer:

The little bastards once they got some idea of the game wouldnt let go :cheer: and wouldnt give up!!!

Edited by myszka

Hey, I like baby pups who chase any movement, like leaves on a windy day.

Soon enough they realise where and what, the real fun comes from.

So often we can retard youngsters drive. Just yesterday I was watching a young pup as the handler was sitting down chatting to friends. A few bits of rubbish flew past, which interested the dog. The owner, felt tension on the lead, and soon enough, corrected the dog. Be aware of what we do at all times.

"A few bits of rubbish flew past, which interested the dog. The owner, felt tension on the lead, and soon enough, corrected the dog. Be aware of what we do at all times. "

You are so right!.

I have watched this series of postings, and I happily admit to

1) Using Training in Drive (even for a min poodle.. have you seen these ones go!). I even have some Schutzhund Books (Positives only,off course!) on my shelves.

2) Using clickers

3) Using food

4) Being very careful about using adversives.

5) Using normal reward systems

I also would have to say that any dog of mine that touched me without invitation almost regardless of circumstances would be in deep trouble.

I don't do Schutzhund because

1) I don't own a suitable breed

2) The heeling annoys me

3) The tracking is not my cup of tea. I doubt it's validity, but I doubt competitive tracking as well and still do it. (I have a lab, and I reckon footstep tracking sucks!)

4) The protection work is of concern, not per se, but I am not sure that adequate systems are in place to make sure suitable dogs people are used. I personally wouldn't do it, but my Father has had to rely on his dogs in the past and their training.

But as they say, if it floats your boat, dosen't hurt you or your dog or someone else, then it ain't my concern.

Everyone, I have really enjoyed reading this thread,been in stitches larfing ,mostly because I can relate to the bruising too! :cheer:

K9 Force,

You would be the most highly respected person on this forum and your training methods are A1.....methods that have helped sooo many ,including myself, so when it comes to the likes of henryclo & co trying to discredit your methods ,take no notice, cos nobody else does.

Personally, I soak up everything K9Force written :love:

K9 as Workndog said, I think Henrynchlo just has a personal vendetta agaisnt you, as I have not read anywhere where he/she has asked any questions about how the training works or what the principles behind it are. So unless you've killed a family member of his/hers that you're not telling us about...................... :love: Don't even bother! I'm loving it and so are the dogs, can't wait to have you back in Vic again! :cheer:

Yeah yippee yahoo :love:

Miss Bella left her post of playing with the chickens over the other side of the fence (an unheard of occurence), raced over to me so we could do our drive building :cheer: I normally have to go over there and pull her back by her collar as she is totally obsessed with these chickens - she caught one that jumped into our yard when she was 6 months old :( and has been obsessed ever since.

I think this training in drive might work :cry:

Also having success with Bruno the pup and TOT. He was pissed off first time I tied him up and stopped him from eating but two days later he sits, looks at me with a big grin and waits for me to let him have his dinner. Cool :cheer:

Workndog: K9 Force,

You would be the most highly respected person on this forum and your training methods are A1.....methods that have helped sooo many ,including myself, so when it comes to the likes of henryclo & co trying to discredit your methods ,take no notice, cos nobody else does.

Personally, I soak up everything K9Force written

K9: Many many thanks for your kind words, they mean a lot to me... Im glad I have been able to give out some advice that has helped you & your dogs...

My reward for offering advice here is hearing how much people get out of their dogs after applying my methods...

W: K9 as Workndog said, I think Henrynchlo just has a personal vendetta agaisnt you,

K9: No doubt about that one, never even met HNC though...

as I have not read anywhere where he/she has asked any questions about how the training works or what the principles behind it are.

K9: nope usually just jumps in trying to tell people the down sides, the thing is though, before I give any method out I try it inside out with many dogs before releasing it....

So unless you've killed a family member of his/hers that you're not telling us about.

K9: well not yet anyway.... lol..

I'm loving it and so are the dogs, can't wait to have you back in Vic again!

K9: Thanks a lot, believe me the main workshop Im setting up has already been discussed, it will be one to top all others.... Thats all Im saying so far... ;)

Ah well............ we've all heard the saying "hell hath no fury like a women scorned".....

So what did you do Steve.....???

K9: oh hardly lol....

B: Miss Bella left her post of playing with the chickens over the other side of the fence (an unheard of occurence), raced over to me so we could do our drive building :love: I normally have to go over there and pull her back by her collar as she is totally obsessed with these chickens - she caught one that jumped into our yard when she was 6 months old :( and has been obsessed ever since.

I think this training in drive might work ;)

K9: lol it sure does.... next step will be she wont be interested in chickens any more,as the ball is much more rewarding.....

Of course she will still maul kids :(:cry::( :p :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

B: Also having success with Bruno the pup and TOT. He was pissed off first time I tied him up and stopped him from eating but two days later he sits, looks at me with a big grin and waits for me to let him have his dinner. Cool :cheer:

K9: In only two days? isnt it just the coolest!? :cheer:

Edited by K9 Force

K9: lol it sure does.... next step will be she wont be interested in chickens any more,as the ball is much more rewarding.....

She already spends far less time with the chickens - down from nearly all the time to three times a day.

Of course she will still maul kids

She could injure a child severely by licking its ears and mouth - could do untold damage :cheer::cheer:

K9: In only two days? isnt it just the coolest!?

Bruno is a puppy protege. He is the smartest, bestest puppy in the world IMHO :love:

I must say, this thread is starting to get exciting again.

Looking forward to hearing of the differences noticed after another 2 weeks or so.

Note them down, watch carefully, some are so subtle you may not notice. The comparisons will be great to read.