Training In Drive

Well I had to let everyone know that 3 weeks after starting training and drive miss bella has been impressing everyone - particularly people who have known us for a while. Major changes are calm behaviour, enormous increase in attention and huge improvement in walking skills (on a prong).

On a walk on Sunday, nobody crossed the street to give us space (100% improvement) :rofl: Two people stopped and complimented me on how well behaved my dog was. Bella heeled perfectly and she listened to all my commands. Bella can also spend time sniffing the ground without lunging off after birds so she enjoys her walks much more.

Before this, every type of training I had done was "one step forward, three steps back". :eek: I am so impressed that this can happen in three weeks :eek:

Edited by BellasPerson

On a walk on Sunday, nobody crossed the street to give us space

:rofl::eek::eek:

Oh god sad but true isn't it? :eek:

Great job with the training! I'm starting any day now, looking forward to a dog that doesn't have to go go go go go go go ALL day, arrr!

K9: Hey BP, sounds impressive, remember that this style of training far surpasses other methods as training in drive gives you the power to deal with the dogs sub conscious brain activity... The body reacts before the dog can think, & its all so rewarding, why wouldnt the dogs love it?

It gives you a massive boost in the leadership & bonding stakes with your dog, like nothing else on this earth!

It calms the dog down as it gets plenty of drive satisfaction, un desireable activities usually calm down or cease without much intervention, as they are seen as less satisfying than drive training....

Hey, Bellas Person have you already been to one of K9 Force's workshops?

If we look at a Canberra session on training in drive (which I've whispered about here for months :thumbsup: ) would you be interested in coming along? When we weather warms up, that is :rolleyes:

Hey, Bellas Person have you already been to one of K9 Force's workshops?

If we look at a Canberra session on training in drive (which I've whispered about here for months :thumbsup: ) would you be interested in coming along? When we weather warms up, that is :rolleyes:

Mooper

Bella and I did private training in Kurrajong.

I'm already booked into the workshop with Bruno as is my neighbour. How many more do we need to fill this up?

Oh god sad but true isn't it?

It is true and most embarassing normally :thumbsup: . Good luck with your training.

It calms the dog down as it gets plenty of drive satisfaction, un desireable activities usually calm down or cease without much intervention, as they are seen as less satisfying than drive training....

This is the bit that has impressed my friends, they can't believe how calm Bella is now!

Oh boy. This is exactly what I want for Nessie. Let's get that Canberra workshop pencilled in Mooper :thumbsup:

ETA: Sorry for the off-topic, and well done BP!

Edited by BittyMooPeeb

Getting white knuckles from holding on here ...

I didn't know you were already planning on an ACT workshop. E-e-excellent :thumbsup:

I'd better get myself on your email list so I don't miss out! Must do that tomorrow.

I need water so you better come to the workshop then :rolleyes:

Bruno is my 4mth old GSP pup. He now stars in my avatar as I can't get a good picture of Bella. She won't pose for the camera but Bruno sits as soon as I bring it out :thumbsup:

This is the bit that has impressed my friends, they can't believe how calm Bella is now!

Isn't it bliss!!!!!!!!!!!! This morning, I had a little late start, due to a telephone call. The dogs had already seen the training triggers - white jacket put on, whistle around neck, and our orlee ball was in situ in a pocket. While on the phone and distracted Yank bought me 40 books, one bottle of shampoo and a newspaper from the kitchen floor.

This evening, he is fast asleep. Perfect, really.

And another wonderful walk today. Yet another person walked past us without bella paying any attention and I got another compliment on "What a well trained dog" :laugh: . Wonders will never cease.

Even came across a dog that was off lead and bounded up to us. Bella sat next to me while I called the owner to retrieve her dog.

Very happy :mad

Bella was always well behaved but easily distracted by moving objects. We had some fantastic walks at midnight ;)

One visit to K9 and four weeks on easy work and she is 80% distraction proof. Your little brat will too soon.

Walking my 4mth old pup, on the other hand, is another experience altogether. He is improving but he just goes, gallop gallop gallop JERK :mad gallop gallop gallop JERK :( gallop gallop gallop JERK ;) . Very funny to watch but hard on my limbs. I am working very hard on getting him walking better early as I didn't know how to do this with bella. I do very short walks and spend most of the time not moving. I'm sure the neighbours are laughing at me again :laugh::mad:) (They laughed at me when I was learning to ride my motorcycle and couldn't get up my driveway :) )

I hate distractions!!!!

Harley is fine as long as theres nothing (and I mean nothing) around....

Anyway got a training session booked in for him this weekend - a start in the right direction at least.

Still I think one values a well behaved dog even more when you have the pleasure of living with a badly behaved dog!! :laugh:

(Note: I'm still blaming the owners - not the dog)

Glad you're going to a lesson. Good luck with it :rofl:

Walking my 4mth old pup, on the other hand, is another experience altogether. He is improving but he just goes, gallop gallop gallop JERK gallop gallop gallop JERK gallop gallop gallop JERK . Very funny to watch but hard on my limbs. I am working very hard on getting him walking better early as I didn't know how to do this with bella. I do very short walks and spend most of the time not moving. I'm sure the neighbours are laughing at me again (They laughed at me when I was learning to ride my motorcycle and couldn't get up my driveway )

Bruno finally got it :dropjaw::rofl::( . He has learned the slow on a normal collar (he's a 22kg 4mth old pup!). He walked nicely for most of the walk and gave up the Gallop Jerk :) ;) . Now I have two dogs that walk nicely :( (for the moment)