My Pet Peeve

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but in general there are more women at clubs in the first place i wouldnt have a clue how many epople i'd base it on just observation over many years of being associated with clubs

of the 10,ooo poeple to begin with ho many were female and how many were male also did the males find they had achieved enough controla and were satified easier than the women also are the women staying on because they enjoy the social side of going to classes whereas the men are busy with other things.

Do more of the men that come to trianing work longer hours or have other interests to begin with

Edited by caninecoach

yes but in general there are more women at clubs in the first place i wouldnt have a clue how many epople i'd base it on just observation over many years of being associated with clubs

of the 10,ooo poeple to begin with ho many were female and how many were male also did the males find they had achieved enough controla and were satified easier than the women also are the women staying on because they enjoy the social side of going to classes whereas the men are busy with other things.

Do more of the men that come to trianing work longer hours or have other interests to begin with

Mostly women come to do training, that's a known fact. Same with show ring etc. Guys usually nick off to the footy or bathurst or whatever. The dog is generally a secondary concern to most blokes, unless it involves manly types of stuff such as schutzhund or working dog.

Of the guys that come to training, which would usually work out to an 80% ratio of women vs. 20 % of men, half of those guys will drop out within 6 months where 80% of the 80% of women will see it through to the end.

Same with horse riding - majority women - but the men who do stick with it are very good at it. ;)

:laugh:

I was nearly going to post the same thoughts, Noisy. I do find a lot (not all, mind) of the men who do stick with it are gay, though. Wonder if that makes any difference to the theory?

Yeh - well, that's a recent development. ;)

All the horse riding guys I knew as a kid were definitley not gay. Might have been more civilised if they were. :rofl:

They used to do terrible things to us girls - guess it toughened us up a bit, tho. :rofl:

Oh Oh We're off topic again, Erny :rofl:

Edited by noisymina

I'd never thought about it in a dog sense HR - but you're right! My immediate though too was also horses, if you've ever been to a horse training clinic 9/10 times you will find male instructor/clinician, a group of women, with maybe a token bloke or two...... :laugh:

Funnily enough the only dog workshop I've been to was exactly the same ;)

All the horse riding guys I knew as a kid were definitley not gay. Might have been more civilised if they were. :rofl:

They used to do terrible things to us girls - guess it toughened us up a bit, tho. :rofl:

I remember those days too, Noisy. Although those guys that I knew of then weren't exactly concerned about riding "skills" .... more cowboy types.

Oh Oh We're off topic again, Erny :rofl:

;) Yep ... won't happen again though, will it? (much) :rofl: