Innova Vs Eagle Pack

Guest Tiggy

Guest Tiggy

I know everyone is probably bored with these dry food topics, sorry :laugh: . I like Innova dry food but I hate buying it from Pets Paradise(Hell more like it) so I was thinking about trying Eagle Pack but it seems to have too much grain especially corn. Which do you think is best?

I have never tried Innova, and my guys used to be on Hills Sceince Diet, but I have recently switched to Eagle Pack. I must say after only 2 weeks I have already noticed a difference in my boy who gets terribly red itchy skin when he eats certain foods, the Eagle Pack has almost cleared all of this up! My girl normally doesnt eat kibble as she is very fussy but I have noticed her eating now which is also great news.

I bought the Hollistic EP kibble which was quite expensive but already seems to be worth it :laugh:

I feed Eagle Pack to 3 of the 4 English Springers and 1 Boxer, the other Springer is fed Eukanuba as E.P doesnt agree with him.

I would recommend Eagle Pack, i have found my dogs coats have improved, my bitches didn't drop coat on their last season and their body condition is fantastic.

I have not used Innova so can' t pass a comment on it but i have 1 Springer that i hace to watch what i feed him and since being on E.P can have alot more variety in his diet.

Hope this helps

i have done a bit of research and am told that innova is the best dry dog food on the market, but i haven't been able to find any dry puppy food for large breeds, so haven't actually tried it. i haven't heard of eagle pack until reading about it on this site...

anyone know of innova puppy for large breeds?? does it exist? can innova only be bought from pets paradise??

where do you all buy the eagle pack from??

I bought my Eagle Pack online at Petdeli.com.au they deliver to your house/work for free which is great as it weighs 18kg to heavy for me to lift if buying from a shop!

You can have a look at the EP website it has a list of distributors :laugh:

I have seen a variety of Innova for large breed puppies. From memory I think it comes in a purple bag? It has a pic of a saint bernard puppy on it anyway. (And yes, unfortunately it was in a PP store) :rolleyes:

I've also read that it is the best food around, and if it were sold ANYWHERE other than PP (or another pet store of course) I would love to try it. Pity really.

Emma79

anyone know of innova puppy for large breeds?? does it exist? can innova only be bought from pets paradise??

You can only buy Innova from Pets Hell, and there is only one puppy food. If, like Innova, it's complete and balanced, it should suit both small and large breed puppies. It's fomulated to do that.

Tiggy, there are a few premium dry foods - Nutro, Nutrience, Eukanuba, Hills etc., and Advance isn't bad either.

A lot like Eagle Pack - it seems to have too much grain for me, and lots prefer other things.

though i hate epet shops i feed innova i started using it with my whippet it was the only thing that put weight on him and kept his coat really glossy and his eyes were like dark pools really healthy my sheltie loves it and has been looking fantasitic too if i could get it elsewhere i would but i wont change foods now

I know everyone is probably bored with these dry food topics, sorry :rolleyes: . I like Innova dry food but I hate buying it from Pets Paradise(Hell more like it) so I was thinking about trying Eagle Pack but it seems to have too much grain especially corn. Which do you think is best?

Hi Tiggy, Eagle Pack Holistic selection don't have corn. I've been feeding my dog Innova and Eagle Pack Holistic up till last week. We just ran out of Innova and I ordered a 15kg bag of Chicken Holistic from http://www.petdeli.com.au/ It works out cheaper to buy a large bag. I won't be getting Innova anymore as 15kg bag of Eagle Pack Holistic should last a couple of months.

Innova is a rich food -- some dogs do well, some don't, some gain weight. It is a high quality food.

Of the eagle foods, the holistic line is much better than their regular line. it's right in line with the other high-end foods. The non-holistic ones are still good, definitely much better than the usual mainstream foods.

Edited by panda

:rolleyes: Sorry, don't like to hi-jack, but was just wondering...why is it that Pets Paradise is the only place that stocks Innova? Are Pet Stock and other similar type stores unable to get it in? To be honest, I have never asked!

cassie the bernese lover... to answer your question, PP appear to have an exclusive distributor arrangement with Innova - no, I don't have that in writing, but my own enquiries with the Canadian company lead to dead end after dead end. Other people who have enquired direct to Innova have been referred to PP. Thank goodness there are other great brands available to customers who won't support PP. Hope that helps.

:rolleyes:

I had put my Poms on Eagle Pack to try after hearing everyone rave about it, and After a couple of weeks on it. Im going back to Royal Canin. Their coats have gone brittle and they just arent what they were on Royal Canin.

I feed the Eagle Pack Holistic Select Duck and oatmeal.My Rough Collie has been on it for 2mths now and her condition is terrific and beautiful glossy coat. She gets that plus a chicken carcass every day so it does work out quite economical for me to buy the EP.

The Holistis Range does not have all the grains in it :dropjaw:

I feed mostly raw but use dry food as a back up. Eagle Pack hoilistic range is great - I recently ordered the new duck & oatmeal & my dogs love it! I always go through a supplier who delivers free of charge too - so convienient & they have the best prices. Sometimes I get Nutrience for a change - but it doesn't seem quiet as good. Premium dry food is expensive, I'm sure it's cheaper to buy raw chicken bits & meat bones - I've never sat down & worked it out exactly but if I only feed dry my dogs go through it so quickly. Plus I think any processed food must lose nutrients & putting them back in artificially isn't the same as getting them out of the food in the first place.

:) Sorry, don't like to hi-jack, but was just wondering...why is it that Pets Paradise is the only place that stocks Innova? Are Pet Stock and other similar type stores unable to get it in? To be honest, I have never asked!

The "cunning and conniving" Bates family seems to have pulled a swifty on the folks at Innova. In the USA, Innova doesn't allow non-ethical stores to stock its product...any store that sells live animals (particularly the so-called "designer dogs" and those products from BYBs and puppy mills) is basically considered unethical by Innova there. Yet here, it's the Bate's chain that has an exclusive deal with Innova...no other stockists are permitted. :cool:

It's a genuine shame. I tried to alert Innova to the truth, but it seems to have ignored my correspondence. And a shame, b/c Innova and California Natural are both *great* foods. I just won't buy them unless the exclusive deal is undone. And I don't see that happening any time soon. :rofl:

I think the Bate's chain is a law unto itself. I don't recall ever seeing a shop of theirs carrying a logo that says it's been granted admission to any of the ethical pet retailer organisations. And that would be b/c it's anything but ethical IMO. :rofl::)

Innova - if you're watching this site, why don't you reconsider your 'deal with the Devil' and allow ethical retailers to carry your products? Hmmm?

:) Sorry, don't like to hi-jack, but was just wondering...why is it that Pets Paradise is the only place that stocks Innova? Are Pet Stock and other similar type stores unable to get it in? To be honest, I have never asked!

The "cunning and conniving" Bates family seems to have pulled a swifty on the folks at Innova. In the USA, Innova doesn't allow non-ethical stores to stock its product...any store that sells live animals (particularly the so-called "designer dogs" and those products from BYBs and puppy mills) is basically considered unethical by Innova there. Yet here, it's the Bate's chain that has an exclusive deal with Innova...no other stockists are permitted. :o

It's a genuine shame. I tried to alert Innova to the truth, but it seems to have ignored my correspondence. And a shame, b/c Innova and California Natural are both *great* foods. I just won't buy them unless the exclusive deal is undone. And I don't see that happening any time soon. :)

I think the Bate's chain is a law unto itself. I don't recall ever seeing a shop of theirs carrying a logo that says it's been granted admission to any of the ethical pet retailer organisations. And that would be b/c it's anything but ethical IMO. ;) :laugh:

Innova - if you're watching this site, why don't you reconsider your 'deal with the Devil' and allow ethical retailers to carry your products? Hmmm?

So can ANYTHING be done? Like a petition or something? Or has this already been tried in the past? Something along the lines of "We (those on the petition) would be very willing to try/use Innova if it weren't sold exclusively at a store we refuse to support, because of it's bad ways..." obviously this could be elaborated on properly! But surely then they could see that they are missing out on such a huge market? Or is this just wishful thinking - perhaps we are not such a huge market that refuse to shop at PP. :laugh:

I reckon the Innova company doesn't actually READ our e-mails - they just forward them to the Bates clan. :)

I sent several e-mails and ALL were forwarded without, apparently, being read by Innova. The company also didn't bother responding to me which was very disappointing. So even if they changed or added suppliers, the sheer arrogance the Innova folks have shown in NOT replying to my correspondence, means I probably won't support it. It's a real shame b/c EVO is an excellent food. I have many friends in the USA and Canada and all are stunned that this product range is stocked at a non-ethical retailer. They also suggested contacting Innova but I had already done so and explained the lack of response. Again they were stunned at that. ;)

Good luck if you wish to begin a petition...but I suspect it too will fall on deaf ears. :o