Innova Vs Eagle Pack

Guest Tiggy

yes, i think it is quite poor for innova to ignore your emails

i have also been told that pets paradise is the exclusive importer for innova in australia, so even if other shops sold innova, it would still be helping pets paradise.... something to think about...

i think innova is trying to 'play stupid' with this issue....

it's a pity that someone is the USA can't phone them so they can't ignore you....

i have also been told that pets paradise is the exclusive importer for innova in australia, so even if other shops sold innova, it would still be helping pets paradise.... something to think about...

it's a pity that someone is the USA can't phone them so they can't ignore you....

Well I would have to say being in the USA myself to deal with companies here in a swift manner you must call them. That is the only way you are going to be able to get in contact with them I would not be the least bit suprised if the emails are filtered. Its just not the best way to go about it I have called companies got instant response vs email can take months if not respond at all.

And what is the problem with calling the USA? I call Australia quite often it may cost a tad but its not horrible. It is actually cheaper for me to call from Australia to the USA than it is from USA to Australia.

Edited by SlicerDicer

Well I would have to say being in the USA myself to deal with companies here in a swift manner you must call them. That is the only way you are going to be able to get in contact with them I would not be the least bit suprised if the emails are filtered. Its just not the best way to go about it I have called companies got instant response vs email can take months if not respond at all.

And what is the problem with calling the USA? I call Australia quite often it may cost a tad but its not horrible. It is actually cheaper for me to call from Australia to the USA than it is from USA to Australia.

Actually that was quite poor of me to respond this way. I am going to call them will let you know the outcome. I have read enough on Pets Paradise to make me want to have my dogs leave big steamers on all their doors. :vomit:

• 1 year later...

My two SCWTs have been on Eagle Pack Holistic for almost 2yrs now and are doing great on it. I recently came accross Natural Balance dry foods, does anyone know what its like? seems like eagle pack without the beet pulp

I would question the genuineness of Innova with the so called ethical stance they have, when they seem to not be bothered by there product being sold exclusively by PP. I think its a great product but, eagle pack is better. :o

PP get there hands on some really great products which they then get the exclusive import rights to and jack the price up through the roof. I guess thats why there a multi million dollar company and doing so well. :laugh:

My two SCWTs have been on Eagle Pack Holistic for almost 2yrs now and are doing great on it. I recently came accross Natural Balance dry foods, does anyone know what its like? seems like eagle pack without the beet pulp

I have been using Natural Balance with a raw diet for the past month or so. I have used both Eagle Pack and Innova - Evo before I got the NB. I am happy feeding it. I have been feeding straight raw diet for the past 4 - 5 yrs and only started adding organic dry for about 4 months now. I was looking for something extra while my Rottie pups were growing, the raw didn't quite do it so I thought long and hard about adding any dry. I am very happy with this decision. I may drop the dry all together once the pups have stopped growing. I don't know how long I will feed it.

I did prefer the Innova - Evo but just hated buying it from PP. That's why I swapped over to NB, I heard good things about it and gave it a go. I will stick with NB now.

Innova and Evo are available at PP and Pet Goods Direct and now Pet R Fun. I have been informed that all three stores are affiliated with each other, and know for sure that the first two are. I wouldn't purchase either brand on principal.

Innova and Evo are available at PP and Pet Goods Direct and now Pet R Fun. I have been informed that all three stores are affiliated with each other, and know for sure that the first two are. I wouldn't purchase either brand on principal.

Yep PP, Pet Goods Direct and Pets R Fun are all owned by the same compay- Paradise Holdings Pyt Ltd

I use the eaglepack fish formula & I don't think it has any corn. I would recommmend it.

Just wondering with thr rise of the australian dollar, should'nt all our imported pet food from the US go down un price. I haven't noticed any price drop yet.

No the Anchovy one has no corn (from memory). Some of the eagle pack do contain corn but its as a carbohydrate. Corn is actually 91% digestable by dogs. The reason corn has such a bad name in dog food is company's like Hill's science diet use corn as there main protein content, corn is only about 10% protein. As opposed to meat meals which are about 80% protein, thats why corn should never be the first ingredient listed on the ingredients panel. Another thing brands that say "real chicken " etc you should be wary as real chicken is full of water (as opposed to a meat) so is much lower in protein. Corn is obviously much cheaper than meat meal so they try to get away with using it a protein source and justify it to themselves because of its high digestibility.

chuckie500, as soon as my wholesaler drops the price, i will drop it to. You should know by now that prices never go down only up :rolleyes:

I've recently switched Trix to Eagle Pack Adult reduced fat formula.

Has anybody else used the reduced fat one before?? Did you have good results.

I would like to get Trix on Artemis after Eagle Pack is all gone, anyone used it before?

I've recently switched Trix to Eagle Pack Adult reduced fat formula.

Has anybody else used the reduced fat one before?? Did you have good results.

I would like to get Trix on Artemis after Eagle Pack is all gone, anyone used it before?

I can give you some info on the Artemis Weight Managment. I have received great reports from people trying to shift some weight from their dogs, the first 3 ingredients are animal proteins with the 4th ingredient being salmon meal. Its only 6% fat and 20% protein. Most other "light" foods use a grain as the first few ingredients. The dogs on the Artemis are losing the kilos but reports are they are still feeling satisfied and maintaining lovely shiny coats. If you'd like a sample just pm me.

Edited by k9katz

• 2 weeks later...
I have been using innova puppy for over a year now and my dogs are doing fantastic on it

I don't buy it from pp, I get it from direct pets, i think it's called which isn't linked to pp as i have asked them

Sorry, but that is wrong, I actually work at pp (in the process of finding a new job) and they are definately affiliated with pp. I think which food is better comes down to your individual dog. I have had many customers come in and switch their dogs to innova and they do heaps better, but then we also get dogs who wont eat it, do poorly on it, etc. So it definately comes down to experimenting with different foods and seeing what your dog does best on :confused:

I opt for Innova - it's great and my Maltese-Poodle thrives on it ... coat is nicer and the best thing I've found is that she only ever needs to go do her number two's once and occassionally 2x a day ... but she only has Innova once a day and is a small eater!

My dog has had Innova, Eagle Pack Holistic, Ziwi Peak which was an excellent food. He's on Innova again and when this bag of Innova runs out I will get him Orijen for a change. He did well on Eagle Pack, but I've read some negative things about "beet pulp" that's why I put him back on Innova for now.

I have been using innova puppy for over a year now and my dogs are doing fantastic on it

I don't buy it from pp, I get it from direct pets, i think it's called which isn't linked to pp as i have asked them

Sorry, but that is wrong, I actually work at pp (in the process of finding a new job) and they are definately affiliated with pp. I think which food is better comes down to your individual dog. I have had many customers come in and switch their dogs to innova and they do heaps better, but then we also get dogs who wont eat it, do poorly on it, etc. So it definately comes down to experimenting with different foods and seeing what your dog does best on :D

Yep, i think you will find that pet good direct or whatever it is called is owned by paradise holdings the same company that owns pets paradise, pets r fun and few other franchises they even have a broacher at the moment advertising all there franchises my friend has a stack of them sitting on the counter of her PP store so they don't seem shy about admitting it either :confused: