What Do You Use To Mush Up Vegies/fruit?

J...

Currently using a blender I had sitting in the cupboard but 1) have to add too much water and 2) its probably too much work for it.

What does everyone else use to mush vegies etc for their dogs. Any ideas for something thats not overly pricey.... hoping to get something while in town tomorrow.... :rainbowbridge:

I use my blender what ever water I have to add ( not much) is added into containers

frozen, then thawed and fed to dogs

I found that the chopping part of my machine made the fruit veges way to chunky ..

I am currently using a Kambrook Multi food Pro... and have for the past 2 years .. tough little machine. :rainbowbridge:

I found the blender a bit of a problem - needed a lot of liquid, specially with the harder veges, and it was all too runny - wore out a lot of blenders too. I use a food processor. I had a small one, which died.

A couple of months ago, I bought a Kambrook combination processor/blender - had both appliances on the same base. About $80, and so far, it has been great. Kambrook make very affordable appliances, the only problem in the past was that some of them were a bit shoddy. The quality seems to have improved, and I am very happy with this one. A lot cheaper than the next one, which didn't seem much better to me, but you never know until you try them.

I put the blade in, chuck the lot into the bowl, and zoom it all into squashies!!

I also have one of those juicers you put the fruit into, and it spits out juice on one side, and pulp on the other - the dogs get the pulp, which they think is alright, although they all reject citrus. Pity, as I do a lot of oranges!!

I use a juicer. Then I mix the pulp back in with the juice. Previously, I used a blender (too much hard work) and then I used a food processor. I find the juicer quicker and easier. Wish I had one of the ones that have the larger "feeder", though ..... would be quicker still. Kal has a combo of spinach, silverbeet, pumpkin, carrots and parsley and the juicer handles all of these quite well.

Edited by Erny

I use my blender but cut everything up well first. I always chuck in a couple of eggs including the shells, ACV and oil so don't need to add much water.

Wish I had a juicer though, sounds much easier.:laugh:

What about one of those amazing bullet things (as seen on tv).

What are they? What do they do? How do they work? (You don't shoot the vegies, do you? :laugh:)

Can't say I've seen it on TV.

Edited by Erny

Thanks for posting the link Griff ..... doesn't say much about them though, so I'm still a little in the dark. I'll look out for them on the TV. Hard to tell by the picture, but it doesn't look like there's much storeage space available for the 'processed' vegetable matter. Only guessing, though.

Maybe there's more info available - I'm not an ebay user, so I'm unfamiliar with finding my way around. :laugh: One day I'll get into it ..... I do understand it can be quite addictive once you start. :rofl:

I use a juicer, got one at a bargain price in a sale. Still seems to take ages and makes a huge mess but at least I don't have to chop all the f&v as small as I used to.

Pity someone doesn't make dried f&v pulp that you can buy by mail and just add water to....

Another vote for the Breville juicer here.

Jack gets all the pulp and juice. It's a sloppy mix, but comes out neatly when you freeze it in a take-away container. Judging by the drool each night as I make Jack go through the triangle of temptation routine, he doesn't mind the sloppiness...:o

Guest Tiggy

I used a Food Processor first then bought a Breville Juicer and now I've gone back to the Food Processor because I find it so much easier and quicker to use and wash. I hate washing the Juicer. The Food Processor doesn't mush it up as fine but it's crushed up enough for the dogs to digest it, it's not coming out in their poo :o . I find the Food Processor does a better job of the lighter stuff like spinach to. I also put offal in the Processor for my BARF patties. :laugh:

Well I didn't end up buying one.... mentioned to Mum what I was after and she gave me her old food processor that she doesn't use anymore. :rofl:

Will see how its goes this arvo.... :rofl: