Hounds Lure Coursing (victoria) - Restriced To Group 4 Dogs.

Hi All,

The Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of Victoria extends an invite to all hounds to attend lure coursing on Sunday 17th September 2006 from 10.00am to 2.00pm at KCC Park, Westernport Hwy, Skye.

PLEASE NOTE - This day is restricted to dogs recognised under ANKC Group 4 (hounds). Cross breeds that represent the characteristics of Group 4 dogs are also welcome. Dogs do not have to be registered with the ANKC, just of those breeds or cross breeds in Group 4.

Cost is $2.00 for 2 laps.

(RRCV members pay $1.00 for 2 laps)

If you are not a member of a VCA affiliated club, and have not paid for insurance in 2006, you will be required to pay an additional $6.50 to cover insurance while on VCA grounds.

There will be a sausage sizzle, chocolates and drinks for sale

Details on lure coursing can be found on our website: http://members.optusnet.com.au/ashtar1/

For further info contact Darren Stebbings

On 5633 2807 or [email protected]

HELP: Can anyone give me a contact for the Greyhound adoption program in Victoria. Thanks.

Darren Stebbings

President RRCV.

Hi All,

T

HELP: Can anyone give me a contact for the Greyhound adoption program in Victoria. Thanks.

Darren Stebbings

President RRCV.

Hi there Darren,

Might be better if you put your query in Rescue. GAP are sometimes on, or else someone else would know.

• 3 weeks later...

:D I will be attending with all the regals and for anyone who has not yet had the pleasure of meeting the pack :):) :p I apologise in advance!

That would be great to see you there- you may be highly amused as i attempt to lure 3 hounds back to me!!!

How many dol'ers are going to this? Just thinking about going along to watch/take photos :D

I am thinking of going, depends how many foster dogs etc I have here on whether I can escape. And my daughter's willingness :thumbsup: And finding some where to stay that will allow dogs as well. Does a crossbreed with a beautiful ridge count as a ridgeback X? Even though she is small and tri coloured. Beagle x RR??

I was talking to someone the other day who thought they might not be doing non hound lure coursing at all anymore? Something to do with injuries to the dogs???

Not sure if its right, but I hope it's not as I'd love to have my two brats have another go

:rofl: what about the beautiful scent hounds giving it their best shot :rofl:

How many dol'ers are going to this? Just thinking about going along to watch/take photos :offtopic:

Yes we'll be going (received Darren and Trish's kind welcome) just to take photos. Looking forward to seeing the sighthounds in their element again.

Can you bring a greyhound too? huh? huh?

Yes Piper will certainly be coming. How far is Westernport Harbour Caravan Park from KCC Park? I need to stay somewhere the night before and they have agreed to allow me to say with the dogs.

ETA no promises that Piper will chase the lure. Run about like a mad dog? yeah I think he'll do that :happydance2:

Edited by Rebanne