Sunbury Obedience Trial - Anybody Going - Moses Now Has Cd Title Gaine

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well actually it is 6 trials and 6 passes!!! Because we did CCD first and then CD second. 5 different judges. But I didn't enter him until I was sure he could do it. At the moment I don't think he would pass all the exercises in Open so will not enter him until he is ready. But I am thinking of going to a trial to video a dog performing open so I know what is expected. CCD and Novice are not that hard. Moses is no where near perfect. But if I wanted to spend the extra time getting him perfect I think he would become bored and I would lose his drive. His recalls had slowed down in Novice, as had his retrieve.

Here is the video link

Will tell you the errors in the heeling so you don't need to point them out to me. Puppy sits as usual, left about turn too wide, I was walking into my dog, going too fast on the turns for him, his sit in fast pace was out at front but you cannot see it. Didn't complete the figure of 8. But did take on board what the judge said, and improved my heeling in the afternoon trial by 4 points.

Our scores for this performance. LOL

Heeling 30/40

Stand for Exam 29/30

Recall 35/40

Retrieve 26/30

Stays 60/60

Recall was a bit slow and his return to heel was sloppy. Retrieve also slow, and return to heel sloppy. Stand for exam I thought was quite good, maybe lost a point for a crooked stand.

But it gives everybody an idea what this sort of performance will get you.

But I was happy that Moses was happy. Another thing was that there were discs on the ground and he wanted to check them, if you watch him at the start of the retrieve he is checking out the disc on the ground. It could be food.

well was a good but tiring day :rofl:

but we finished with a good out come....

Cooper gained his first pass for CCD :rofl::love:

he could of done alot better :D and as for me....well i need to dill with my nerves :rofl: but hay a pass is a pass :)

contrats to all who did well at the sunbury trails :)

cheers sam and Cooper

Well, no passes for me, but I was soooo happy with Hope!

No sign of nerves, she didn't shut down ( :) Valerian!) and she worked very enthusiastically for me through both trials!

Fox was really hit by the weird heat/humidity and though he tried hard, he had a lot of trouble concentrating and thought the broad jump was too much of an effort - easier to just walk over or around it!

Congratulations CrashTestDummy and wagalot on your passes!

The judge was Greenland, forgotten his first name. Applied for my title today, I wonder if they just liquid paper off the first C in CCD to get CD.

At Croydon this lady says, you could have done better, and another says, you should do position change, think of all the points you are losing. I am not in it to win the ring, just for a nice pass. Moses enjoys retrieving.

I don't think you could do much better than 6 passes in 6 trials myself, enjoy your success and don't worry about what others think - I thought the scores were bad at all myself.

Oops- I meant to type I thought the scores weren't bad at all

Edited by helen

No sign of nerves, she didn't shut down ( :eek: Valerian!) and she worked very enthusiastically for me through both trials!

Hopenfox - Who had the valerian, you or the dog??? If it was the dog, wouldn't it put her to sleep?

Just asking because I've got a very hyped up dog who could possibly do with something like that.

Edited to add - CTD Congratulations! I wouldn't listen to anybody who detracts from your success like the lady who said you could have done better.

You did brilliantly to pass each time when others take at least 2yrs. with better than average scores and, as you say, you don't go to win the ring but to have fun with your dog and obtain a pass. It's great that somebody who uses motivational methods as you do succeeded when others take years :)

Edited by snobbybobby

Hopenfox - Who had the valerian, you or the dog??? If it was the dog, wouldn't it put her to sleep?

Hope had the Valerian...I was a little worried about drowsyness when I first tried her on it, but it did just as I was told it would. Took away most or all of her anxiety and stress, and left her relaxed, but still very allert. I gave her only one small tablet in the morning and the affects seemed to last all day. I can't believe I went through all those traumatic, stress filled earlier trials when I could have sailed through with her on Valerian!

I am actually thinking of entering Moses in another Novice trial, just to see how we would go without the pressure of hoping for a pass. Because basically I would be going in with the attitude of who cares. I am even thinking of not even staying for the stays. Also thinking of trying an indoor trial in Novice and seeing what the difference to his performance is?

Here is Moses competing in a non VCA trial, it is a club comp.

http://www.kintala.com.au

Edited by CrashTestDummy