Help! Pups Skin

joeyboy

Hi,

my pup has really dry skin on the area between nose n eyes (circled area in the pic), i have to moist with water everyday, else it would get very hard on the surface. the circled area used to be skin colour but it become darker and darker.i saw my friend's maltese has this problem too, but she said there is nothing wrong. i just wana know if it is normal? anything i can do about this? thanks

post-12309-1157419900_thumb.jpg

water will not help, infact it can dehydrate further. You need a proper cream but first a vet check would be best to make sure there isn't an underlying problem or irritation. I would never consider hair loss to be 'normal' and ignored.

Like the others have said, best to get a vet to check why this is happening. Water would be making it worse, similiar to when you have dry lips and you keep licking them they get worse and crack, if you have any paw paw cream use this until you get to the vets, great healing qualities and all natural so it won't affect the dog if she gets any in her mouth.

Thanks all

i ll bring him to vet and will see whats wrong with his nose. actually no hair loss problem, i just clean it using cotton ball +water. thanks for the idea that water will dehydrate further. i ll update abt this again when i have him to vet check

Hi everyone,

thanks for the help. i went to vet just now, n the doctor said everything is ok. its only pigmentation. what a relief... but i have to pay 48bucks for consultation...huh i should use that money to groom joey (but at least i know he is okay now)

can anyone tell me what clipping looks good for maltese X shitzhu?

Edited by joeyboy

what a shame... i did mention abt the dry skin. i ll definitely try the ointment if not required prescription. or mayb i ll go to vet again if any of you can recomend good vet? the vet i went to was the best vet recomended by dog owners. thanks cavNrott n tomnvic