Puppy Meals

vanessa0305

When do pups need to go from 3 meals to 2? Bailey is on 3 at the moment but wont eat his kibble at lunch so we have been giving him a chicken wing tip or a pork rib at lunch time and kibble morning at night. When should I stop lunch all together and just give him his 2 meals? I am happy to continue doing things the way we are as I work from home and am with him all the time anyway. But was worried about when 3 meals become too much.

Bailey will be 16 weeks on Thursday!

I am only feeding Piper 2 meals a day - is that wrong?

Indy never ate the 3rd meal I offered her so she was only on 2 a day too.

I hope I am doing the right thing!

You could always offer her the 3 meals, if she doesn't eat it then don't worry about it. She's obviously not hungry.

I would drop the lunchtime meal and only give him 2 good meals a day. I do not set strict timetables for puppy buyers as every pup has different needs according to its energy levels. I recommend that when puppy starts to get picky - drop to 2. I like good eaters - can't bear it when they are slow and the other dogs all hang around and try to steal it.

i need help my dog rather starves instead of eating dog food :rofl: thats very sad

she always have tears in her eyes when she looks at us eat or something like that :p

i feed her chicken wings too we leave a little bit of meat and she eats the bones too.:rofl:

My dad says it makes her teeth healthy and strong :rofl:

post-12173-1159351630_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rosi

Rosi, I know what you mean. I have really struggled getting Bailey to eat. But I have found a food that bailey will eat. Nutro puppy. I cant believe it. It took a few days but now Bailey eats it almost anytime that I serve it. He still wont eat it at lunch which is when I give him a bone or something similar. But its perfect. Its a fantastic quality food and a total diet that Bailey will eat!

Rosi - STOP feeding your dog cooked bones IMMEDIATELY! They can splinter too easily and a piece of bone could get lodged in your dog's throat and he/she could choke and die. Harsh reality, yes, but it's something you should know BEFORE you have to find out the hard way :rofl:

Bella is just about 4 mths and I feed her one good meal a day with a small supplementry meal and some sort of raw meaty bone a day :thumbsup: If the bowl is licked clean i add more to the bowl and if they slow down and there is food in the morning i back off!!! Ty enjoys all the extra meals ... His new nick name is Bulldozer as he has put on a few kilos since Bella joined us :D

I would drop the lunchtime meal and only give him 2 good meals a day. I do not set strict timetables for puppy buyers as every pup has different needs according to its energy levels. I recommend that when puppy starts to get picky - drop to 2.

I agree :rofl: