Skinny Aussi Bulldog

Well I am starting to think that if she is unhealthy, then she wouldn't be active. She's always jumping around and playing and always has a wet nose, shiny coat sparkly eyes and a big smile, so she can't be ill ad under weight I guess.

I am still putting her on a better diet though :rofl:

Keep her lean and you will have her longer :D

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

phatdex- do you think they suck their tummy in to make themselves look neglected on purpose to get more food? LOL I have wondered this for so long now.

Waverly- bulldogs don't live long enough :D anything that helps to keep her just that little bit longer, I'm going to do. :rofl:

Edited by princessbella

phatdex- do you think they suck their tummy in to make themselves look neglected on purpose to get more food? LOL I have wondered this for so long now.

I think so LOL My boy really looks horrible when he is eating. The ribs sorta move in and out while he sorta breathes weirdly while sucking up his food. If someone looked over the fence then, they would def call the RSPCA! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I would just come onlione and give an update for those who are interested :laugh:

After 2 weeks on Eukanuba large breed puppy food and chicken necks every 3rd day, she is looking perfect. She's lean but not skinny. Her ribs still stick out when she's eating, but her hip bones and spine are nicely covered now.

Unfortunatly Frodo (my poodle X spaniel) has got major skin issues again :laugh: he's been great the last few months, but then suddenly got bad after his last hair cut a couple of weeks ago.

I've given him a flea treatment because I know he's sensative to fleas, but I didn't see any fleas, and he is on Prednisone (sp?).

I hope this clears up soon, I thought we had this sorted :laugh:

Glad to hear she has put some weight on, my other suggestion would be to make sure she is fully wormed, I have seen many skinny dogs who ate and ate (both good and poor quality diets) and stayed skinny, and all it took was a good dose of an intestinal wormer for them to gain condition again.