How Much Does Your Dog Eat?

Kirty

My doggies go through approx 16 cups Nutro a day = approx 112 cups per week :eek:

plus either -

chicken wings

chicken necks

chicken carcass

sardines

chicken mince

kanga chunks

brown rice

yoghurt

cottage cheese

egg

table scraps

plus toast for brekky and skinkids crusts and a weekly supply of bones and nibblies :D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our rottie (was 55kg but now down to 45kg) gets a kilo of meat (either chicken frames, chicken necks, heart & liver, beef & roo, Scottys Roll etc) per day plus about 4 cups of Eukanuba Performance. If he is getting just dry food then he will get up to 5 or 6 cups. The rottie will also get offered more dry food at night - this is usually up to 3 cups.

Our GSD (60kg) gets the same kilo of meat but he gets only 1 cup of Eukanuba. If he is getting just dry food then he will get 2.5 cups of eukanuba. This boy only gets one meal a day.

I don't give the same amount of food all the time - a lot of time it depends on the dogs condition and what they have been doing. They have days were they will get just dry food. In summer they will have a day were they will just get a couple of bones or a few chicken frames.

Edited by Tilly

Mitchi, the jrt, gets 200gr NUTRO ans 2tbs yoghurt and 2/3 cups mince divided into 2 meals cause she is a pup.

Barker the shepxkelpie, gets 360gr NUTRo, 3tbs yoghurt and 1.5cups of mince divided into 2 meals cause he is a pup too.

I add rice sometimes, chicken, and eggs, i also want tostart adding sardines once a week instead of mince

The 8 month old GSP pup (21.9 kg) gets 1.5 cups dry food (the brand will vary, we get it from a pet supply place), and a small handful of diced meat in the moring (sometimes has pasta and vegies in it). And gets the same at night, with some additional meat and leftovers. (diet recommended by vet as he is very underweight).

4.5 year old Rotti x (36kg) gets a tiny amount of dry food in morning, and sometimes some meat, and the same dinner as the pup. We're slowing finding out how much 2 dogs can eat :eek:

R

Great Dane:

Breakfast

1/4 can of Natures Gift and 1/4 cup of Kibble

Dinner

Leila get Veggie mash only for 2 days then she gets meat for one night and then the cycle continues (she's on a diet)

2 cups of Veggie Mash for Veggie night

10 Chicken Necks for Meat night

Edited by sas

Tilly, that seems to be a lot of food for one rottie, maybe he is a busy boy and needs that much. My rottie was 45kg, only a small boy, but he was never overweight. He used to be fed on Scotty rolls and Supercoat. He got about 150-200g of Scotty roll and 2 cups of dry a day and was in fab condition to the day he died.

My boys now are on a raw diet and go through 5kg of meat, about a kg of mixed vegies and fruit etc, also up to 500g (uncooked weight) or brown rice a week. They also get a meaty bone each day which would be probably up to 4kg of bones a week, they are med-large m n m's and are in great nick.

Narla the Rottweiler-

2-3 cups Supercoat/ Bonnie, and 700-800g worth of mixed meat (beef mince, chicken, lamb and roo)

Keisha Doberman cross-

2-3 cups Supercoat/ Bonnie, and 600-700g worth of mixed meat (beef, chicken, roo and lamb)

Also added once a week on different days:

Monday- Tin of tuna in oil each

Tues-

Wed- Small tub of natural yoghurt each

Thurs-

Friday- Tin of sardines in oil each

Saturday-

Sunday- Veggie and fruit pulp 300g each

Kaisie the Dobe gets about 2/3 cup of veg/fruit mix and about 350-400g meaty bones each day

Plus her obligatory piece of Vegemite toast and any leftovers/scavenging stuff around (lately that has been Mulberries).

I use a bit of Nutro for treats and occasionally that replaces the Barf mix for breakfast.

:eek:

Brodie, 105lb. Rottweiler, gets 3.5 - 4 cups of California Natural Chicken and Rice split between 2 meals per day. He also periodically will get some fresh fruits or veggies that I toss him while preparing dinner.

Hello, my 3 miniature bull terriers get one chicken wing for breakfast or a brisket bone, approx 250g chicken mince or beef mince with pulped veg & fruit mix, greenpet supplement, flaxseed oil, applecider vinigar, and a teaspoon of natural yogurt 5 days a week. Day 6 they have offal a mixture of heart, liver, kidney and tripe and day 7 they have one tin of sardines in oil.

I do change the amounts according to the amount of excersise. :eek:

Edited by miniluv

well atm Lana is getting about 1 cup dry food and equivalent of 5 necks per day (i swap the sort of chicken/type of meat around...) but this is making her fat so we are starting a diet! lol... doesnt help that she uses her cuteness to beg food off my family! :eek:

Darcy the chunker dog (lab x kelpie) gets:

Lean meat bone (normally lamb leg)

1/3 cup Eagle Pack light

1 cup mushed vegies and fruit

1 tablespoon fat free plain yoghurt

3 fish oil tablets

1 teaspoon Vets All Natural Health Booster

Gets fat on the smell of an oily rag this one...... :D She's been on this for a while now and could still loose a few kilos..... :eek:

Bullmastiff - 800g BARF mix, 450g of SuperCoat Large Breed dry food

BCs - 300g of BARF mix, 150g of SuperCoat Energy or Working Dog dry food

Plus supplements and weekend recreational bones.

ETA: Dry food brand.

Edited by molasseslass