Would You Attend?

You would have to have them deal with problems in training too. i.e several dogs at the IPO club I'm at have had previous handling problems which have affected their ability to compete well, so any trainer would have to cover those topics as well (Handler stress, mouthing grip or dumbell etc etc) Maybe we should come up with a list of possible sites and people and organise it from there! LOL and a list of what subjects people would be interested in?? Maybe we could have a 'fun' day which would just cover training tricks or agility etc as well? :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kris kotsopoulos would be a better choice

i was going to type kris but thought that would be an obvious choice,

kris and dennis share alot of dogs together but as far as IPO in australia goes i dont think anyone knows more than dennis even kris has said that

but either would be a good choice

im sure if you all gave enough notice you could organise a training week with all the dol trainers...

K9 force covering - training in drive

Sardog covering - SAR and Tracking

Herr Rottweiler covering - Schutzhund and protection work

Erny covering - dog aggression issues

:D ok i shall stop planning seminars for everyone now :)

Our sch club and another club had a week with a german trainer by the name of Alex Beyer and I think he also did some stuff with the gsd people, it was really great to have someone with other views, techniques and ideas and he did some great work with a few peoples dogs that had been having a few issues prior to that.

:D ok i shall stop planning seminars for everyone now :)

Arent you one of the helpers? ;)

Your DOL list looks fab, who is going to ask them?

Im good at collecting money and organisisng lunches, someone pls do the talking to the trainers........

K9 force covering - training in drive

Sardog covering - SAR and Tracking

Herr Rottweiler covering - Schutzhund and protection work

Erny covering - dog aggression issues

Jeff Jones - rules and regulation in regards ot Police dogs and interpretation of Acts.

:D

FD - intoroduction to dobe lifting :)

Edited by myszka

:) :D ;)

OMG - I throw an idea up in the air and people are choosing trainers to invite already :cry: and from O/s on top of that, dont we have enough here that would be willing to spend a week training and talking dogs only with a bunch of likeminded people?

How about finding some accomodation first :cry:

Good luck Myszka. Organising seminars is a lot of work. Having organised overseas seminars in the past, and my next visitor arriving next month and holding seminars in Victoria, Western Australia and Queensland, I will be exhausted by the end.

Good on you myszka :) It's great to see people coming up with some new ideas.

I think it sounds fantastic. If it works how about putting one on in the southern states. Just leave some holiday food for the fish and come on down.

Edited by 2tollers

I have been thinking of the accomodation that would take us and not whinge about the dogs and give us all we want and I think I know just the place. Its near the Snowy Mountains between Cooma and Tumut.

Hide 'n' Rest

I have been there several times during skiing season, the place is run by a retired Polish couple (Im not related to them) and offers the best of the best of the Polish style hospitality.

I have rang them today to find out how much would it cost us to stay there.

In the house they have 3 rooms they will charge $65/couple per room, additional bed can be put in.

Dogs to sleep outside.

In the pyramids $85/couple its self contained with kitchen and bathroom. sleeps 4.

Plus no problems if someone wants to put up a tent $10 per tent.

Meals - breakfast lunch and dinner $30/pp per day. And she is a fantastic cook.

They own 43 acres, there is a flat football size area to train dogs, plus few other flat smaller fields.

They have acces to the river (perfect for those retrievers) and there is another big area that is flat by the river.

60km to Cooma by normal road 40km by 4WD

13 to Adaminaby (closest place)

If someone wanted to come with a partner that isnt into traing dogs there are things to do there, such as fishing in the lake, wineires to visit, etc, as per their website.

discusses what time of the year would be ideal and sounds like March is the month.

Each time I went there whoever was at their place absolutly loved it, the owners are like family to the visitors, they make their own beer and wine, evenigns were always spend sitting in front of the fire chatting.

So what do you people think of the place???

Also Myszka,

Do not forget public liability insurance. Anyway injured in any way can sue YOU. Obviously much much cheaper, if it can be covered by an exciting club etc.

Id say this would be a come at your own risk type of an event.

Myszka, that place sounds perfect!

But, is is possible to book out the entire place? (ie no-one else allowed on the property)

Do dogs have to sleep outside the pyramids as well? If so, we'd be camping (Flame would drive everyone nuts with whining and barking all night if she couldnt be inside!!)