Lure Racing, Deer Hnd Club

jeff

Just had a call the deer hound club is having a lure racing day on Sunday 12/11

its at Don rd Healesville

starting at 11.oo and going untill about 2

entry is the cost of a raffle ticket and you can have as many run as they can handle

there will also be a barby put on

we'll be there

Edited by jeff

Thanks for that offer Natasha. Unfortunately we've only got the one car so driving the kids around and doing doggy things gets quite tricky.

If you can go, do it. The dogs have such a great time and apparently they have it at the Rosebud pet and pony thingo so you could go on Sunday and let the dogs get the hang of things and then we could have a Toller run at Rosebud. (If we get time between runs)

No worries, ahh we wont be at Rosebud, we are going to Best Friends Retreat for the Doler holiday lol which is going too be excellent!!!

*grumbles* still cant believe i have to be at the Dandy comp at 6 in the morning and its the closest comp lol

Edited by tollersowned

I will be definately there with Moses and Josh. Natasha, Nova and Moses could race together!!!!!! :hug:) Josh will be racing at flyball tomorrow without me. :D I will be working, so if you see Josh could you give him some pats from me. Hastings needed a spare dog, and he is staying overnight at Jenny;s place. Last I heard he was carrying a Kong around the backyard.

Probably won't be going to Ballarat, I don't like to run my dogs in the heat, and I give them a rest during the summer months. If my club is desperate and it is not hot, then I will come along. Bringing my video camera today to film the dogs racing. Wondering how much to hire out the place at Healesville ? Then we could have a DOL day.

Had a fantastic time. They were so friendly. They said I was welcome back with open arms, and let everyone else know about it. Moses did 2 x 400m runs and 2 x 100m runs.

Josh did 2 x 100m runs. He didn't want to run 400m. They both had a great time, my daughter videoed it, so I will put a clip on youtube. Jeff will have to keep us updated for future events. There was a barely a cue, max waiting time 5 mins!!!!!

Learnt some interesting things such as to let the dog run without a collar. Collar can make it hard for them when they are heated up. Don';t let the dog drink lots of water straight after as can wreck the kidneys, let the dog get its feet wet after the race to cool down.