Dog Food Delivery

I have been getting kennel mince delivered by Scotties petfood here in Bris Vegas. It has been a convenient and well priced option for me, and the quality of the meat has been great (the girls love it and are looking good on it). However, when I rang to make my order today, they told me they are getting out of raw meat (not enough profit) and will only be selling the dog rolls as of next year. :thumbsup:

Whet I want to know is can anyone recommend me an alternative source of kennel mince or similar? I usually buy around 10kg per fortnight - if not a delivery service, I can go and get it but it would need to be open on a weekend - I live in the inner western suburbs.

Any ideas anybody??

Try contacting a few butchers. If you are only looking at 10kg most butchers will be able to supply - particularly if it is a regular order.

Some kennel mixes are a bit fatty so you may need to talk to them and discuss what they will mince up.

Our butcher makes up a 10kg mix for me which is mix of lean beef, chicken mince (frames only) and heart & liver. I then mix up the mince with veges and tins of mackeral before freezing it in chinese take-away containers. My guys love it.

collected my first 200kg order from gary on sunday morning.

so far the picky picky ones quite like the composite mix so keeping fingers crossed.

also got to meet his lovely Neos....

Sounds good! I will probably go down there when I run out of the mince I have now (shouldn't be long; my new foster arrived on Sunday :laugh: ).Do I need to call and make and order to pick up, or can I just go down there and have a look first?

To add insult to injury, I just got a letter from Scotties saying no only are they not stocking the mince any more, but they are not doing any more home deliveries, and I can buy their product from the local pet store. I feel like sending the letter back to them with a note saying I'm sorry, but I don't buy from places that sell kitties and puppies! :laugh:

As soon as I run out of my current supply I will go and visit Canine Country. I will be giving the composite mix a try - it looks really interesting from the info on the website.

Thanx to all for your input and help! I love DOL!! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
gosh I am glad i dropped into this thread. will call gary tomorrow enquiring about bulk delivery. great prices.

So am I especially when I notice they do deliveries. At present once a month I take a train then a bus to buy all I can carry in a back pack. This is going to be so much better.

:laugh:

Thank you Noisy.