Puppy Pens - Any Recommendations?

UltimatePup

I've been reading about crates and potty training, and thinking about how to manage all this in a small upper floor apartment... (I know it's going to very be different from last time when I had a house, an indoor den, an outdoor run and a big garden!!)

Does a pen like this exist anywhere, suitable for a small pup...???

- Has room to accomodate a crate and, at the other end, a litter box. (i.e. Sleep...toddle to potty...toddle back to bed ;) )

- Has a solid floor so it can be used safely in carpeted rooms (...before the above potty routine has been perfected!)

- Is very light / easy to move in one piece from room to room.

- Is safe - reliably houses the pup without having to worry when not watching.

- Folds up flat for storage.

Thanks.

-------------------------------

Thanks Hes! Those are intersting options for the 'crate' part of the equation. I'm still very keen to hear from anyone with ideas for the whole pen too... :D

Merry Christmas day everyone... ;) (Still cloudy and rainy!! What's happened to our Aussie skies?! ;))

---------------------------

When I have pups inside I use a puppy pen and put a tarp under it with a piece of lino on top. I use newspaper on top of the lino and change it regulary. So far so good! ;) They don't need the crate in the run but I introduce them to one as they get older and can hold on longer.

When I have pups inside I use a puppy pen and put a tarp under it with a piece of lino on top. I use newspaper on top of the lino and change it regulary. So far so good! ;) They don't need the crate in the run but I introduce them to one as they get older and can hold on longer.

This sounds like a good options, and if you are going to go this way, goto bunnings and get a compost crate or two for $20 each and if you buy two you can link them together and have a roof too, i did this when i had to go to a bike race meeting, i had 2 pups in it with a crate at one end and they where fine and safe in there.

I can't find any of those compost crates at Bunnings. Which Bunnings and which aisle, what exactly do the look like?

They are in the compost bin aisle, comes in a plastic bag, 4 sheets of wire cage. Alot of stores are sold out.