Schutzhund Photos - Usa

now who says that only some breeds can do schutzhund ...

Yes, Ingrid's shots of Po are lovely. And the "Schutzhund" Daxie you saw would have been Dee Dee Murry's little girl Hallie. I think Hallie's shots are taken off the website now, but here is a red cattle dog doing weight-pull. Not a pretty look but a good image. If you up-arrow from the Pit Bull - Weightpull page here there are quite a few pages of Dee Dee's schutzhund shots incl Mals and Dutch Shepherds.

http://www.murryphotography.com/events/iwp...ch_06/index.htm

I have seen a video of a JRT doing Schutzhund, but I can't seem to find it . . . still looking . . .

The word "Schutzhund" simply names the dog, the sport itself is called "Schutzhundesport". It is always very funny for me to read german expressions over here! :)

Here are some pictures of the german Shepards of my friend (she is a breeder in Germany):

bild0003.jpg

bild0003.jpg

bild0048.jpg

bild0007.jpg

lol obvious no contact area to hit DOH that is a damn high heigth to gcome down off at speed

Jen that's one of the aspects of it I don't like - I know all of our dog sports carry some risk to the dog that we accept, but this (to me) takes advantage of their willingness and drive to ask just too much.

Not wishing to start a Doo Fight, but can someone explain to me why Australia has such an aversion to the sport of Schutzhund???????

In a time long, loooong ago I participated and trialled in Schutzhund and what fun it was!

And that was one of the BEST dogs I ever owned. I could take her anyway and KNOW she was under control, whatever the situation. She was sooooo calm, but attentive to what was going on around her.

As the the question of injury and asking too much of a dog. If you are sensitive to your dog, this "shouldn't" be a problem. I sadly retired my girl way before either of us wanted to. Her mind and will were more than willing and able, but her body just couldn't keep up. She's long gone over the Rainbow Bridge and I hope she's living it up and showing em how it's done. :rolleyes:

Not wishing to start a Doo Fight, but can someone explain to me why Australia has such an aversion to the sport of Schutzhund???????

mainly due to misconceptions about the sport...

Rottsaroundtheclock what club did you train with? did you attend any trials?

Jen that's one of the aspects of it I don't like - I know all of our dog sports carry some risk to the dog that we accept, but this (to me) takes advantage of their willingness and drive to ask just too much.

obviously the dog shouldnt be jumping from the top of the A-frame...i have seen dogs at agility trials do the same thing...

if Schutzhund gets watered-down anymore the wiggles will be able to start competing with dorothy the dinosaur.

EFS

Edited by Jeff Jones

Hi Jeff,

I trained with an AUS club in Vic about 8 or so years ago with a Rottie bitch.

I only trialled in Vic on a handful of occasions with the one dog. After I retired her I didn't have another dog to work and when I did get one, I didn't like the way the helper wanted to work him. I pretty much gave up in disgust after that, the quality of accessible helpers that didn't have their brains between their legs was a bit...errrr...crap.

I was very disheartened. These days I'm not game to even contemplate returning to the sport. I still have Rotts for one, although I have a couple of crackers. And the other being that with all the ANKC hoo har around the sport I don't know if it would be worth the risk.

These are wonderful photos :D Yes, the dog shouldn't be coming off the top of the A frame like that but I've seen them do it in agility when they aren't supposed to and get carried away too. The expression on the dog's face is a beauty. He's obviously having a ball! I think it's a shame that people don't understand that Schutzhund, just like any area of dogs, has good and bad trainers and competitors. The good ones are truly brilliant and their dogs stunning - and bombproof in the general community! There's a lot of ignorance out there about it.

So with all those little biters you must have no sofas left, the back yard is a land not entered by man or beast and the fun you must have, any keepers or have you sold them all. My little girl just made it through her first heat.

Mostly all KNPV line Mals have Dutch Shepherds in there lines if you go far enough back, and vice versa.

you can get a black "Mal" when you cross a mal with a dutch, but most of the black mals you see were crossed with groens some time back. this was done to get the recessive black gene in there lines of dogs.

if you look at KNPV line dogs you will see on there papers MH X HH or xMH - xHH or something similar.

MH = Mechelse Herder (Belgian Malinois)

HH = Hollandse Herder (Dutch Shepherd)

DSC016762.jpg

the photo shows 6 X Hollandse Herders

and 5 X Mechelse Herders

I would love to have something like a JRT or mini schnauzer doing schutzhund :rainbowbridge:

I saw a photo of a daschund doing it somewhere will have to dig through the net again :(:cry:

Nekhbet...........here ya go.....these photos were taken some time ago of my Tenterfield T Poppy doing Schutzhund. She was spot on in the Protection work and an absolute ripper at Car Protection.

PoppyCarProtection.jpg

PoppyCwork.jpg

Tapferhund, what an UNREAL pic of your little one. I love the pic with the GSD in the background. That dog is looking at yours with an amazed expression on his face! What next? I think I will sign my cat up, as Nekhbet said :thumbsup:

Seriously though, what a bite on that arm! She's really giving it a good go!