Fluffy-bum Chook

imy

Poor little bantam-bugger :laugh:

I will plant a fruiting lilly-pilly tree where she is buried so all the other birds can enjoy what she brings to life for them.

I try not to get emotional about the chooks but she was so damned full-o-character. She looked like a punk.

:laugh: Imy, I'm sorry to hear about your fluffy-bum chooky, I know how attached we can get to them.

I hope her Lillypilly tree thrives.

My son had an ancona chook that used to sit on the gate post in the afternoon, and wait for him to come home from school, she'd jump onto his shoulder and snuggle into his neck like a cat. when she went, we were all in tears.

hugs from fifi

I wasn't that attached, just that she was pretty fun for a chook. She was real attitude and could hold her own with the other chooks, used to run at them with little fluffy flares on her legs, all spikey. It looked like Gizmo the nice gremlin gone mad!

I wonder if the continuous days of hot weather may have got the better of her? They have good shelter and water but its been days and days of 33+ and yesterday she was a bit groggy on her feet.

Also, we have a bushfire close down the road and the smoke is terrible.

Maybe even a tick or snake?

I don't know.

Sorry you lost your fluffy-bum, Imy. I wouldn't say that I'm particularly attached to either of my chooky girls, but I'd definitely miss them heaps if they went to the bridge. In this heat I've been popping out 3 or 4 times a day to check on them. They have shade and 3 lots of water, but I feel so bad when I see them sitting there panting that I'd bring them inside into the aircon if it was practical.

Dear Imy, I am so so sorry to hear about fluffy-bum. Personally, I just love chooks. I don't have any myself but I made friends with an old pensioner couple a few streets away so I could go visit their 18 chooks. My children and I stand at the fence and throw them vegie scraps and it's the highlight of our week. Plus the man gives us a dozen fresh eggs every Friday for $2.00. God bless him! Chooks are lovely. I am definitely a bird person.

That's a wonderful idea to plant a tree in her honour. I know you'll never forget her. RIP sweet fluffy-bum.