Farewell Sweet Tia

Sagittarian

Heard the sad news today that one of our "babies" - Tia, has left us. When Tia's litter was only a fortnight old, a family came to visit and fell in love with her. At that time, they had an older male Saint and after some discussion, they reluctantly decided that taking Tia into their lives was not the best option. We kept her - intending to send her to a breeder/exhibitor in Scandanavia who had waited a while for a suitable pup. At almost 4 months (and after a couple of shows where she performed beautifully), we got a phone call out of the blue from the family who had wanted her originally. Their old boy had passed away, and they hoped we might consider them for a future litter. I suggested they visit - and while they were driving over - made a quick call to Europe. The family arrived and still adored this little one, who shared their enthusiasm. Our lovely friend in Scandanavia agreed that the need of this family outweighed her need at this time. We were able to send Tia home with the people who loved her and were obviously meant to have her. Almost 7 years later, it was their heartbreaking decision to let her go to sleep after a short illness. Tia had a wonderful life on a thoroughbred property and ruled the roost. She was the image of her mum Christie - who we lost just over a year ago from kidney failure. I hope that they are reunited somehow and remember us all fondly.

Vale, my sweet Tia. Portway Truly Madly Deeply.

Sags

Edited by Sagittarian

:hug: so sad when we get the news that one of our baby's has gone, they remain part of us no matter how far away they live.

I'm so glad for you and Tia that she lived every dog's & breeder's dream, a loving home where she was treasured.

hugs to you and her family sags.

fifi