Bitting

Arley

Can anybody help, i have had my little puppy for a week now, and she loves to bite everything and anything from toes to the house bricks. is this just a phase she will get over soon, She has plenty of toys for her teeth but always goes back to the bricks etc. is there anything i can do to make her stop doing it so she does not damage her teeth.

Do you have some where you can put her/him with a chew toy or a pig's ear?

some thing like a crate, just for a time out, you need to stop her every time she does it, with a distraction she will enjoy more

then the brick. If it's just 1 brick you could try lemon juice on it, hopfully she wont like the taste and stop chewing it.

good luck

Thanks for ur advice Lea, I went and got her a Pigs ear like u said, and thats all she seems to want to chew at the moment. and she has not had to have the time out yet, so fingers crossed she stays like that.

My pup is the same! OUCH!

Pigs ears are Great, Chloe whimpers while she eats them 'cute!'

Get a puppy Kong too, throw some penutbutter and a handful of kibble in there 'marvellous!'

Has anyone tried deterrents on things the puppy shouldn’t chew like the underlining of the new lounge...

A friend of mine suggested to spray diluted Tabasco under there....?? used that method on his two staffys

I also noticed some products for sale that clam to detter chewing? Do any DOLers use this as a form of correction?

My pup is the same! OUCH!

Pigs ears are Great, Chloe whimpers while she eats them 'cute!'

Get a puppy Kong too, throw some penutbutter and a handful of kibble in there 'marvellous!'

Has anyone tried deterrents on things the puppy shouldn’t chew like the underlining of the new lounge...

A friend of mine suggested to spray diluted Tabasco under there....?? used that method on his two staffys

I also noticed some products for sale that clam to detter chewing? Do any DOLers use this as a form of correction?

My dalmatian chewed the bottle of dog deterent into little bits :):)

I keep anything I don't want chewed out of reach and tell them NO when they go to chew something wrong. I also don't leave them unsupervised for any lenth of time in the house. Plus pigs ears, chew toys etc.

Give one loud, high-piched squeal whenever the puppy nips you. It's what dogs do to correct other dogs who hurt when they're playing.

If you haven't yet taken him to puppy-preschool, it's a good idea. Because they learn there the basic things, like to 'Sit'.

It's a good idea then to get your puppy used to having to 'Sit' before getting nice things like a cuddle or a treat or whatever.

And it helps (like people have said here) for a puppy to have something like a pig's ear (( lots of toys, too) to use for 'approved' chewing.

'

We have been to obedience classes one on one and we are continuing to train jack at home and he has been going really well. Today when i was getting him out of his pen to take him for his walk he just went crazy, trying to steal the leash out of my hand and unfortunately grabbed my arm which is now sore, scratched and bruised, i too was told about the high pitched screach or yelp but i honestly didn't even think of it until it was over. This only happens with me???