Slippers In The Cupboard

chewy

Today i decided to get my slippers out of the cupboard for some air as it is getting cooler at nights..when i took them out one of chewy's toy fell out..the pain that i am feeling is so unbelievable all the memories of him just flooded back ..I just sat on the floor holding his toy and crying... my god the pain and this lump in my throat just won't go away...just when i thought i was coping with his passing..i know it has been three months and people say get over it..but this was just to much for me to bear..i just sat there remembering of the day that he left me holding him in my arms and him taking his last breath and me screaming don't go chewy stay with me and my hubby crying saying that his son is dead...then i thought of the good times him trying to trip me up and princess following him and ggrr at him because she wanted to be first..sorry guys but i just had to tell someone of the sorry and grief that i am feeling right at this moment..i can't tell my hubby because i don't want him to get upset again....chewy I miss you so much i hope you are waiting for me in rainbow bridge...see you in my dreams mummy...

Hugs to you, Chewy. When you have had a special animal in your life, you don't just '''get over it" like that when they leave you. The heartache can take a long time to heal. Your reaction is entirely normal, and tears often help in the healing process.

Thinking of you, Fido. :rofl::champagne::thumbsup:

:rofl::thumbsup: :D :D

I cry at least once a week for my darling Xander.

At times just saying his name is enough to make me burst.

You never 'get over them'

They're impact on your life is too big to get over.

I would recommend talking to your hubby though. It is hard to think about making him think about Chewy too - but it is hard holding in the grief for yourself. A cuddle from hubby can often be just as healing as a lick from the poochies :rofl:

I know how you feel, Chewy. I lost our first dog almost 8 months ago. She was 3.5 years old. I still cry for her. Every now and then I look up in the sky and see a small white cloud I see her spirit there and I cry. I miss her so much. I still ask questions why she died so young. I look at her photos and I cry. I look at her grave in the backyard and I cry. In fact, I am crying now. I wrote a book in her memory to remind us of the good times we shared. Sometimes I feel I had let her down so badly. The one thing that I regretted the most was to leave her at the vet office the last 5 days and 4 nights of her life in a cage. If I had known she would died I would take her home and nurse her until her dying breath. She hated being away from home. Each time I came to the vet office to see her I could see in her eyes begging me to take her home to sleep on our bed. She died in my arms and my head hang low over her body as she lay on the hospital bed. I cried and I knew she heard me as she departed this earth. Like you, Chewy, I hope to see my darling girl at that rainbow bridge one day. She has enriched our lives beyond all measures...

chewy,

You are not alone! When my Shay Girl died suddenly January last year I never got the chance to say goodbye, and I still cry for her and her mate molly that followed her 4 months later. At least at the rainbow bridge they are whole and can be as active as one could hope for. I look forward to the day that I see all my babys again.

I say this often and its so true:

All things beautiful in this world are never really lost

Colleen

When my father died two years ago, I was with him stroking his arm. He was my dad and I loved him more than anything else. My dad, the best human I knew. My dad; the best person I ever knew.

I looked at him as he was dying and told him 'its ok to die'. He looked at me, and died, with a smile on his face.

Peter D

Chewy I am so sorry for you and your husband, for your loss of beautiful chewy.

I had a bull arab, that I adored and loved with every inch of my soul. He passed away at a young 12 months, and tore me apart, I can definately understand the pain of losing such a wonderful dog.

Today, my hubby came inside to tell me that the fella who bred Jed was here and that he had Jed's brother with him. I was asleep, so he didnt wake me.

He said that the brother was a spit and image of Jed.

In a way Im glad I didnt see him, I think I would have broken down. But god I miss him and his big slobbering face.

What your feeling is normal, it means you are a good and kind soul.

It's been 8 months since I lost my best friend, Spike, and it feels like it was yesterday. I'm still shattered over losing him.....

It's been 17 months since I lost my first Rott Tessa, and I miss her too.

They stay in your heart, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

I'm sorry for your pain, just know that many of us know exactly how you feel.

Guest My2Rotties

Im so sorry for what you are going through :thumbsup:

The pain is unbearable at times, he sounds like he had a wonderful family, that cherished him dearly :D

I lost my first Rottie just over 3 years ago now and I was only bawling about her last week! I had this cd made up of her with songs to it and it is just beautiful!

People that say get over it are not true animal lovers :rofl:

Take Care

Joanne

Guest jess&anka

Awwww Chewy I know what your going through..... I found one of my troopa's toys the other day!

*big hugs* for you!! Tell Hubby its good to grieve together!

God, it's dreadful isn't it.

I still do it everyday, my partner took the photos of Chloe out of the bedroom because it is too painful for him.

I had put some of Chloe's tail hair in one of the photo albums, forgot I'd put it there and saw it last night. The pain just hits you all over again.

It's amazing how these funny creatures mean so much. I feel too, that I let her down so badly.

I just have to believe in that rainbow bridge - My one and only Sam was the love of my life - and I had to have him put down on the 2nd of December 2003. I still have not come to a conclusion on his passing. I loved him so very much. My heart breaks every day for this very special man in my lifel So I promise you, I do know what you are going through.

I cannot tell you it gets easier.

Sammy - I love you.

I lost my first dog 'Holly' in '96 & I still dream about her to this day!!! She was a special little girl and I still miss her even though I have my current two fur kids to cuddle and love!!!

You still miss them even after a few years have passed!!!!

Edited by fiery_di

My boy Shiko...(he is on my avatar)...he and Echo were hit by the same car, but the difference is I had a chance to say goodbye to Echo as she lived through the night... Shiko died before I saw him... I couldn't bare to see his shattered body as Echo lay dying beside him in the vet surgery and the next time I saw him I was burying him at sunset the next afternoon.

I never had the chance to say goodbye and it tears me up inside... ahh, you made me cry now! I miss him soooooo much, he was the biggest lap dog and the biggest sook, but so clever and sweet. He gave me the best cuddles.

They died on November 30th and Decmeber 1st last year with Shiko exactly one week off his first birthday, and the last thing Shiko heard me say was "stop barking, you mongrel dogs!" (playing with Echo), before I hopped in the car to go and buy them food for the next week. I came home to people on my doorstep telling me what happened...

It is okay to miss Chewy, and talk to your hubby. Mine is going through a phase of ignoring the current dogs as he doesn't want to get attached again (Shiko used to take him rollerblading - up hills)... I talk to him sometimes until he shuts it down... we all miss both of them... but Shiko was my boy...

Always thinking of you Shiko!

Chewy, you will still love as much even when the pain goes away. :rolleyes:

Cheers

ps... my new puppy 'Cool Dog' was born on what would have been Shiko's first birthday... I think it was meant to be... :dunce:

Thank you so much everybody for your support and telling me of your babies..You all made me cry for your loses and thank you for sharing a bit of your family with me..I just can't understand why these beautiful creatures die so early chewy was 12 and 1/2 but I just wish they are with us for the rest of our lives...anyway again thank you everyone for replying it must of been hard for all of you ...

big hugs to all ...Debbie xx

Chewy my heart is broken with the loss of brax, but they are now are gaurdian

angels that will watch over us for the rest of our lives.My heart goes out to everyone tht has lost a pet.

tybrax :laugh::eek:

Last year was hard for me losing my beloved Collie, Brodie , and then 8mths later losing my Mum. we grieve for the rest of our lives because we loved them and know that they loved us.

I still grieve for my dog Bonnie who was put to sleep the day Princess Diana was buried.

Songs will set me off.

Yesterday it was 1 year since Brodie left for the rainbow bridge. I took Dad to local Anzac day service and as soon as the bagpips started i was crying as Brodie used to love going to highland gatherings and though all the fuss was for him.

It is okay to cry :laugh: