Stains On A White Dog

Cosmolo

Am having all sorts of trouble trying to get stains out of one of our dogs. She is all white with a short coat but seems to absorb more dirt than the other dogs with thicker coats. She also has sensitive skin so we have to be careful with what we wash her in. We use aloveen at the moment but it won't get the stains on her face and along her back out no matter what i do. She is allergic to glo white (horse shampoo) so can't use that, although even when we did use it the stains were still there. What else can i do?!

Prewash the stains with Sunlight soap... get a good lather and then rinse it out.

Wash the dog in a good doggy whitening shampoo... I use Plush Puppy Herbal Whitening.

Then grab your sunglasses - you'll need them. :cry:

Edited by poodlefan

Are they tear stains on the face or dirt stains as i've seen some good tear stain removers for dogs out there..

eta - I'm so lucky, my dogs seem to have a self cleaning coat :eek: Plush Puppy herbal whitening as Poodlefan suggests is BRILLIANT!! My babies come up glowing :rofl:

Edited by Luv my White Shepherd

You can order PP on their website

www.plushpuppy.com.au

They also have other products to remove stains. All of the products are natural. They are terrific, just ordered some stuff myself and I received my goods within 3 days.

Tash

Thanks guys. No tear stains- she is a mastiff cross so just dirt stains. I washed her 2 times the other day and conditioned and there was still dirt coming out! Will look at getting the plush puppy. We have tried the Fidos and that doesn't remove the stains on her, was good on the other dogs though.

I used to use the Fido's on our american bulldog and she would come up as white as the standard so now i'm stumped. I think i'll try the plush puppy aswell and see how it goes on my white girl. Would you mind giving me some feedback once you've tried it.