Berwick Dog Club!

I just got back from berwick dog club i joined today its seems like a very good club... anyone else go there?? i joined up to do flyball its a shame no training next weekend long weekend :laugh: bugger! and then my dog will come into season in about a mth :thumbsup: so wont get to go for long.

everyone there was very nice and helpful!!

can any give me tips on what i can do to get my staffy ready for flyball classes saturday week!!

There were soooo many new members today heaps and heaps.

Edited by kayangel

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wanting to have a second agility club to train my Toller at, and maybe do some competition obedience later on.

I like to check it out first to make sure it's a club I can train at without wanting to tear my hair out! :thumbsup: I was pleasantly surprised with what they had to say in first timers. :laugh:

There were lots of hot dogs though, so good on them for keeping the intro class short.

Mel.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

Wooo woooo!!!!

More people for Berwick...... so glad to hear more DOL'ers are joining!!!!!

I dropped in this afternoon, didn't have Roxy with me though. Was just driving past.

Berwick is a great club, been there just under 3 years.... and loving it!!!

Tunsafun Boxers you can look you up when you join for sure!!! :thumbsup: look forward to meeting you!!!

roxy's mum- do you just do obedience there? or other things... i joined for the flyball!!! i might run into i will be there with a little black staffy pup and brindle and white nearly 2 year old staffy both girls!!

Start with one person holding her back then send her out to get a stationary ball, 10 times, and count which direction she turns, thats the direction you will want to teach her to "go around"

Then use a stake or something in the ground, even a witches hat, upside down bowl, etc, and start teaching Opal to "go around" the object

Start so you are luring her around and as she starts to understand it, start a little bit back and send her out to go around, trying to get her turns to be smooth around it, and recall back to you

They will be really impressed if you go in for your first lesson and already have that!!! :thumbsup:

thanks bel i will work on luring her around something and she will already wait in a sit stay while i put the ball on the ground and i can send her out and she will get it and bring it back but sometimes she is cheeky and doesnt want to share her ball and will run off with it :thumbsup::laugh::laugh:

dont know how she will go with jumps she hasnt done anything like that, just have to wait and see on her first lesson!

Cool, make sure you remember which way she turns, cos they can be lefties and righties! So you want to teach her on her natural side to turn on

Oh and work on a motivator for her, like a tug toy or something that she will love more than anything, with Molly I used an orbee, Eddie is harder cos he loves his tennis ball the most and we're still trying to figure out what the best thing to use is!

Best way is to hold and play with the toy yourself for a few days in a row til she is going nuts cos she can't have it, then let her get it, only very rarely so she doesn't lose interest and so it becomes obsessive, then you use that to increase her enthusiasm to run back to you

kool thanks, not sure wat i could use for her i will think about it! might be hard opal is more calm loving quite etc. then full on and over the top! diamond will be a good flyball dog lol another year for her but she is full on and has A.D.D!

but see how i go doing it will opal! wont get to do it long before she comes into season!