Kaos Drive Work

Worked for me.

Not an expert at this kind of work but he's keen, isn't he?

What does "free" mean?

Also, timing of cue sit? IMO, should predict behaviour - opens a window for him to be able to earn the toy.

But someone with more experience with this kind of work would be able to better comment.

He is certainly keen :thumbsup: but this is at home where he is comfortable, not as good when out and about.

Free is his release command - I am using it when he can get the toy after the sit. I know with Steve's method he just drops it but I am afraid of hitting him on the nose :eek: The sound is out of synch - I was trying to raise the toy and give sit command at the same time.

Nice Kavik.

I think the videos get out os sync when the resolution is too high.

Try Dr Dvix (free from the net) to reduce the size of the file before you upload it, or try the smallest resolution on your camera.

I do it in Dr Dvix.

I think you are off to a good start, with a nice dog......but a couple of suggestions which have worked for me.

(1) Some say technique, is not that important, but...........I would initially spin in a circle. I find the motivator moves smoother.

(2) I would have a start word. Your free was inconsistent.

(3) I would stroke the dog, and hold the string shorter.

(4) The jumping before the reward would not be acceptable. Timing is important.

(5) I would not ask for any obedience until working on the above.

Hope you do not mind the above suggestions, I have more!!!!! but to shy to add.

Suggestions are good! This is the first dog I have tried this with, so I have a lot to learn still!

I will try the circle work again, I tried before but had a hard time getting it to work.

Hope you do not mind the above suggestions, I have more!!!!! but to shy to add.

LL, I think you should add more suggestions!! We all love reading them and learning.

Great having a video Kavik. Its good to actually see what you are talking about rather than just describing it and its good reading peoples suggestions regarding it. I wish i knew how to do the video thing.

Awesome Video Kavik. And nice drive too! :o

I think youtube is getting so hammered these days that timeouts are getting more and more common. A victim of its own popularity.

When I upload I convert from the native AVI of my Canon Ixus to MP4 (using NERO digital) and then uploading to youtube. Works well and sounds seems to be synched too. Ensure you have the optimum codecs installed. It helps if the latest FPS shooter is NOT running on your PC when you are re-encoding or uploading however!! :)

Anyone for a "Fear" Session!!??? Lock n Load!

080505_fear.jpg