Agility Brags

Well Done to Sandasm, Tadpole & Helen on your successes :confused: Sounds liek everyone is having a good month...let's hope it continues & we can be all back here bragging for the rest of the month.

So Vickie anything to add to the comments based on the rest of my runs :eek:

:eek: Well I only really saw one thing that made me frown :D (but I am very picky as you know :cool: )...I think they were great runs! You are looking a lot more confident & so is she, he weaving is dramatically faster & in general she looks like she is driving much better through the course. Nationals here you come!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So which was it - my shockingly misplaced front cross on her PM Masters Jumping round, my really bad handling in the PM open jumping round because I was way to scared to cross in case she dropped the bar on me or my badly handled section in her PM excellent agility around after the broadjump :confused: .

I see a trend here mostly my PM runs were crap and the AM runs were handled much better (from a handling perspective only not to knock the fact she got 2 Q's in her PM runs).

Actually on the PM masters Jumping round - the first bar that dropped is that a me bar or a her bar. I am wondering if I handled the serpentine wrongly and that is what caused her to take the bar or whether she was just being lazy and dropping the bar?

I need picky please!!!!!! I was saying to somebody nobody really comments on handling and I really don't pretend to have all the answers, not even half the answers. Go on pick them to your hearts content I need to know what I need to work on.

I have 9 jumps and a set of weavers at home at the moment (till nationals) so can take gear to the park and set up a sequence if I need to practice anything.

Edited by ness

Trim's run in Masters was unbelievable. Everyone was on their feet watching you both in amazement. And you made it look so easy. I wish I had the video camera to tape it.

Don't worry that run will be etched in my mind forever, LOL. I keep replaying it over & over again.

Remember I told you someone took some pics with my camera? They are very blurry & I nearly deleted them until I had a look at the time stamps on them. I stitched the 4 she took together:

77297020.jpg

That all happened in less than one second :eek:

I will bring both on Sunday. I won't have Duke with me so I will be free to capture what I want. :confused:

P.S. Duke sends a kiss to Shine :cool:

Oh...are you leaving him at home? That's not fair, Shine will be devastated without her boyfriend :eek:

I need picky please!!!!!! I was saying to somebody nobody really comments on handling and I really don't pretend to have all the answers, not even half the answers. Go on pick them to your hearts content I need to know what I need to work on.

LOL, none of the things you mentioned. It was something very simple & maybe you had a reason for it :confused:

I don't understand the way you set her up to start in the PM Open Jumping? To me that was a straight line...I would have set up on the other side of the jump, so that she could see the 2nd (& 3rd jumps). She started a bit flat & I think it was due to the unneccessary turn you put in at the beginning. You tricked her by making her think she was going one way & then asked her to turn while she was over the jump.

There wasn't totally a straight line betwen 1 and 2 but yes I probably should have set her up on more of an angle instead of directly facing towards the jump. Force of habit I guess. I also haven't done a heap of having her set on an angle and taking the jump so maybe it was a security thing to. I doubt she would have run past it but it you haven't trained it you just don't know.

Thanks for that though maybe its something I need to work on with just having one jump and setting her at various angles. What about the serpentine handling in the MJ round?

Edited by ness

There wasn't totally a straight line betwen 1 and 2 but yes I probably should have set her up on more of an angle instead of directly facing towards the jump. Force of habit I guess. I also haven't done a heap of having her set on an angle and taking the jump so maybe it was a security thing to. I doubt she would have run past it but it you haven't trained it you just don't know. Thanks for that though maybe its something I need to work on with just having one jump and setting her at various angles.

I always set Trim up so that she can see as many obstacles in the opening sequence as possible. In your run, Ness does actually take that first jump at a slight angle...the wrong way. I would have still set her up behind the jump, but where as you set her up on the right hand side, I would have set up on the left hand side. When you think about it, she takes jumps at angles all the time...that's what a sepentine is (or should be)...so really she already knows it, you just need to practice it on the first jump as well.

What about the serpentine handling in the MJ round?

It's hard to see in the clip. You are executing your FC while she is over the jump...that will always risk a bar coming down.

Can you set up a pinwheel & video some front crosses where you cross at different places on the 3rd jump? D. taught me to hold Trim out in a pinwheel while I crossed. It took me ages to get it right but has improved my handling out of sight & now I use that skill all the time.

Yep what I meant was we have never done an angled jump from a stationary position LOL.

I will set up a pin wheel later in the week when we are having a training session and get some videoed :p . So long as I put my FC in the right spot ROFL. I think I still try to put to many FCs into a round sometimes and use them when they aren't required.

Any good suggestions on how to encouarge your dog to drive forward so you can rear cross on the odd occasion you actually need to rather then me having to run the entire way around the outside like I did in that PM jumping round for fear of her dropping the bar on me.

Is it a matter of setting on jump up and doing something like throw a toy out in front and then cross behind the dog?

Edited by ness

Trim's run in Masters was unbelievable. Everyone was on their feet watching you both in amazement. And you made it look so easy. I wish I had the video camera to tape it.

Don't worry that run will be etched in my mind forever, LOL. I keep replaying it over & over again.

Remember I told you someone took some pics with my camera? They are very blurry & I nearly deleted them until I had a look at the time stamps on them. I stitched the 4 she took together:

77297020.jpg

That all happened in less than one second :party:

I will bring both on Sunday. I won't have Duke with me so I will be free to capture what I want. :)

P.S. Duke sends a kiss to Shine :cheer:

Oh...are you leaving him at home? That's not fair, Shine will be devastated without her boyfriend :party:

That is awesome!!!

:p

Say sorry to Shine. Duke isn't happy with me either :(

I have to apologise for OH photos. They came up blurry as well. All he keeps saying is " Trim was too quick" :cheer:

Well Done to Vickie, Trim & Holly & Maverick!

Our Brag isn't huge but it's something for us!

At training last thursday Snoopy went up and over the Aframe!!!!!!!! Mum was in shock as for the last few months he's been refusing to do it and if you try and put him on it he throws a small fit! but he did it (twice!!) So proud of my little monster!!!

Jock has improved out of sight! I'm so pleased with him, he concerntrates alot more on whats being said rather than whats infront of him (although you can't tell!) and then on thursday we were doing some practice weavers and I had come up on one side with him and I wanted him to do them agin going back to where we started and he kept refusing to enter them and I was getting really frustrated with him until I looked where I was I and go the clue!

I was trying to make him enter from the worng side and he didn'tgte what was being asked as he knows to enter from the left side!!!

I'm so proud of my boys they are doing so well! Vickie we may see you at the trial on Sunday, mum wants to see a proper trial and she wants to see the dogs run! But it all comes down to if I'm well enough!! *crosses fingers* so hopefully we'll be there!!

Where is the trial tomorrow? I'd love to go watch.

Mokey,

The trial tomorrow is at Carrawood Park, Quest Ave, Carramar. Judging starts at 8am & should finish by 4 or 5. Come & say Hi if you come.

Well I'm going to have a brag :cry: Actually I did nothing to achieve it but two Cavalier sisters I bred are doing so well and I'm very excited! Susan just rang to let me know Tally has gained her AD title today so she has her AD and JD titles. Her sister, Portia, has her ADX, JDX, SPD, SD and GD titles. The girls are only young and Susan had never done agility before training Portia so I think what she has acheived with the girls is fabulous :rasberry: And by the way it was a struggle for me to get their mother to stand properly in the show ring :provoke:

:cool: GO MAI!!!!!!!!! Well done!!!

Well the good news is I should be at training on thursday!! so I'll give mai plently of Well done pats then, maybe even a belly scratch! I remember taking a photo of her lying on her back in the mud!! :rofl: Well done!!!!

A brag for me..

My old girl Mai (Kistenwales Ice Maiden ADX JDX GD) got another Masters Jumping pass. It was an extremely tough course with only 5 passes. She got 4th! :)

It was an awesome run! One of the hardest courses I have ever seen (and hopefully will ever see) & you made it look easy.

77655866.jpg

WELL DONE!

Well I'm going to have a brag :D Actually I did nothing to achieve it but two Cavalier sisters I bred are doing so well and I'm very excited! Susan just rang to let me know Tally has gained her AD title today so she has her AD and JD titles. Her sister, Portia, has her ADX, JDX, SPD, SD and GD titles. The girls are only young and Susan had never done agility before training Portia so I think what she has acheived with the girls is fabulous :eek: And by the way it was a struggle for me to get their mother to stand properly in the show ring :)

Congratulations on breeding these 2. They are fantastic agility dogs & Susan is a great handler, especially since she has only been doing it a short time.

Here is a pic I took of Portia

77655896.jpg

Here is the course that Maverick & Mai did so well on & I completely stuffed up :D

Trim Masters Jumping

Trim is such a good girl, she did exactly what I asked...I just asked the wrong thing!

You can clearly see where both times she took the tunnel, I sent her there...she was so sure that she had to do the second one a few times :) .

The Jumping courses were extremely hard, there were so many options for the dogs and your handling had to be spot on every second.

The agility courses were nice & I thought very fair. :D I somehow managed to make them more complicated than they were.

We had a good trial. Trim did some very nice sends & distance work which is not our forte, so I was very happy with her...just not with myself :eek: .

Edited by Vickie