Funny Stories About Trialling Or Training.

Lablover - how would the judge score Cracker's inspired blind?

Goodness, I cannot remember. Full break?

She is lying beside my feet, 13 years of age. She started this insanity. I owe her so much.

A couple of weeks ago, she came with me to the Vic market. An artist pencilled a sketch of her. $20. Professional framing $180.00. Poor husband. :laugh: I am do not normally like dog stuff (ornaments etc) in the house, apart from the dogs of course.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I have not obedience trialled yet, well not until I stop embarassing myself at our club's fundays (so, basically NEVER!!)

I was asked to come to an obedience judges training day, they basically just needed dogs for the rings. I did tell them I had not much ring experience, but they said hey, don't worry, it's just a training day for us.

I had shocking tonsilitis on the day, and I was running a high fever, so stupid me decided to go anyway (or maybe I was delirious). I have no idea what I did out in the ring, but got a narky woman in my face telling me off for apparently talking whilst in the ring (I don't remember doing that, all I remember was being absolutely freezing and wanting to lie down on the ground and just sleep :rofl: )

I crawled into bed when I got home ;)

Ive had a few embarrassing moments, mainly involving Nova.

We were at a flyball comp in Wonthaggi, it was in conjuction with a show so had a really big crowd (for flyball anyway).

One of Novas massive problems in training for flyball is he always used to run off do a wee and come back, he had been competing for several months without any hassles so i became lax in toileting him, i still did just not as much i used to and now still do walk him around for 10 minutes before hand showing him every upright structure for him to pee on.

Anyway all was going fine, Nova is really excited raring to go, runs down grabs the ball turns, stops and does a big wee right in front of the box! OMG you should have heard the crowd ;) They went aww because he stopped followed by an eewww :rofl:

Hasnt done it since!!

Another one at an agility trial, the entire day was a disaster but one run he actually went zooming around the area, in and out of peoples tents around people and dogs waiting. By luck he didnt go into any other agility rings.

After i managed to capture the little nutter, he gave me this big dopey grin, so while i was very embarrassed at the time i laugh about it now because after all at least one of us had fun in our first comp and as long as it was the dog then i will get over it LOL

Darcy is a good boy :)

Though at an agility trial i thought he wasnt going to get of the dog walk because of the ground. He is a very prissy dog and doesnt like getting his feet dirty, so this trial was in the afternoon after about 100 dogs have already ran and the ground was disgusting. He run down to the end of the dog walk stopped suddenly, sniffed the ground and with a little coaxing trotted off lifting feet very high with a disgusted look on his face. ;)

I have one that's not as good as the rest in this thread, but it made me laugh.

We were doing offlead recalls at obedience school and my dog was in a bit of a puppy brain mood. I told him to come and he bounded up to me, stopped a bit too late and headbutted me hard in a place that made me glad I'm a girl.

It got a few laughs and I had the giggles for the rest of the class :rofl: