Best Dog Training Treats

At home anything that resembles treats will get eaten.

For dog training i use Good-o treats, as my picky dog loves those and they are good for basic stuff. For the more tricky exercises its either hot dogs or kabana. Sometimes i use dim sims as the massive jackpot! :rainbowbridge:

I want to try lambs fry for them but last time it stunk out the house and i got into massive trouble ;)

I'm just starting obedience and the trainer asked we bring something small, soft and high value to dog. I WAS using the Nature's Gift dry treats with are gone in a few chews. She preferred something soft that's gone quicker and I'm new so did as I was told.

I used devon pieces (one of her suggestions) last night and got soggy, gooey, cold fingers with bits of devon attached :) (pathetic, I know, but I don't like meat much in general). Dog happy. We don't eat a lot of meat at home, but dogs get raw mince, bones, chicken wings etc.

Any suggestions for wusses like me? Dog's a standard poodle. Class goes for about an hour, so I get thru a fair few treats e.g. about 2/3 cup last night. I deduct it off dinner, but I just realised that's an awful lot. If I gave him that much cheese, he'd be sick.

Edited by Poodle wrangler

For Bob I use Glad Wags Lamb strips. They break up into little bits and smell good. Nice to handle too. Unfortunately with his allergies we are limited in what we can use.

For Leah I use boiled chicken breast cut up little. Being a puppy it's easy on her tummy. I took a big bag to Puppy Pre-School last night to share around as most new puppy parents don't realise that kibble isn't really a treat. :)