Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Mast Cell Cancer - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Mast Cell Cancer Ollie's story

#16 User is offline   kiahzen 

• Forum Regular
  • State:SA

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:50 PM

I hope that Ollie is ok, he is such a little fighter big hugs to you both....

#17 User is offline   Staffyluv 

• Ziggy
  • State:NSW

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:11 AM

He had to go to hospital this morning - fingers crossed he will be fine to come home soon.

J

#18 User is offline   cavNrott 

• My beloved Sophie R.I.P
  • State:VIC

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

How is Ollie coming along Staffyluv? Hope he's fully recovered from the joint infection.

#19 User is offline   Staffyluv 

• Ziggy

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:25 PM

View PostcavNrott, on 25th Mar 2008 - 05:51 PM, said:

How is Ollie coming along Staffyluv? Hope he's fully recovered from the joint infection.

Not yet CnR. He is still on antibiotics and is still not allowed to do any exercise at all - poor boy is so bored. He keeps trying to entice us all into a game of tug-o-war or he throws his own toys, so he can go and get them...

Unfortunately, it turns out that he injured his cruciate ligament when his front joints were infected and he could not walk properly and now we are also waiting to see what happens with that. According to the vet, it is just a matter of time before it completely ruptures and he needs surgery. I am hoping and praying that it heals itself and it is just a small strain (but my gut feeling tells me otherwise)...

He is in remarkable spirits though and being very naughty (I think it is because he is bored)... He is his usual self bright eyed and full of mischief...

Thanks for asking
Jodie

#20 User is offline   nell.m 

• Forum Member

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

I really hope things look up for you both soon! Sending good vibes your way. :laugh:

#21 User is offline   cavNrott 

• My beloved Sophie R.I.P
  • State:VIC

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:00 PM

Oh that's not good news at all Jodie. Sophie has been down the path of ligament repairs too, she's had both knees done. The first when she was 18 months and the second one a year later.

I do hope it all works out well for Ollie and the ligament doesn't rupture completely. Hopefully scar tissue will hold it.

Sophie's still confined to barracks too. It's awful not being able to walk them isn't it?

Keep us posted on Ollie please....and you are both amazing.

#22 User is offline   Staffyluv 

• Ziggy

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:49 AM

Thanks guys... he is a pretty amazing dog...

#23 User is offline   Staffyluv 

• Ziggy

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

If anyone has any questions about Mast Cell cancer - the pros and cons of chemo, treating with holisitic therapy, what mast cell lumps feel like/look like, or anything at all for that matter, feel free to ask and I will try to help by answering what I can with what I know.

There is link in the first post to a thread which contains our journey with MCT so far and that thread is actually in the main section of the health forum.

I will have this one in the palliative care section for those that would like to know more about MCT and just update his main thread with how he is going from time to time.

If I come across any new news on MCT or treatments I will update here.

Cheers
Jodie

#24 User is offline   dogbesotted 

• Dog Owner / Maremma Addict
  • State:QLD

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

I will help out as well... Lucinda is now almost 5.5 years post dx. MCT grade 3

Cheers

H

#25 User is offline   Staffyluv 

• Ziggy

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:56 PM

Great Helen, you have much more experience than I do with this disease and many more.

I hope that Lucinda the wonder dog is still doing well, bless her she is amazing (as is your dedication to her).

Ollie is great. Even the cruciate ligament (which I decided not to have the operation to fix it) is not bothering him much - mostly he only limps a little when he first gets up in the morning. He was even running a bit at the park on Sunday (I posted some pics of him in a thread called Ollie dog in the photo forum - he looks so well).

Here is hoping for more time with them all and that they all stay as well as they are today.

#26 Guest_Willow_*

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:27 AM

Jarrah had his final chemo two days ago.....the vet is really pleased with his progress, and is hopeful he will recover fully :laugh:

I feel as though I have been holding my breath for the last 6 months, and can finally breath again.

We`are having professional photos done to celebrate!

My thoughts are with all of you going through this......it's so tough to see your beloved dogs sick, but so wonderful that everyone can offer support to each other.

I haven't posted much about his illness, but simply knowing there were others out there who understood what we were going thorugh helped enormously.

Jarrah & his little mates, Hudson & Logan, 2 foster pups we looked after for a few days last week

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   Staffyluv 

• Ziggy

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

That is good news Willow, chemo can be a hard road to travel (we did it). We also treat holistically with Vitamins and supplements and even the doggy oncologist cannot believe that Ollie is still here. It will be 3 years since he was diagnosed in October/November this year - and they thought he would only get another 18 months...

We sure showed em.

Good luck to you and Jarrah, I hope his tests stay clear for you.

#28 Guest_Willow_*

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:53 PM

Staffords are tough & strong Staffyluv, and so are their owners!!!! (we don't have much choice do we?? :rolleyes: ) I'm sure Ollie has plenty of fight in him yet :o...he'll be showing 'em for a long time yet.

Good luck for your journey!

Cath

#29 User is offline   Staffyluv 

• Ziggy

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:53 PM

You are right Willow, he will be here for ages yet - just look at the old man;

These were taken last Sunday

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

He had a ball runnig through all the leaves at the park.

#30 Guest_Willow_*

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:23 PM

looks like he's having a ball :) .....he still has plenty of "inner puppy" then??!!!!!!

Share this topic:

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions