Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Camera Pro Or Dwi? - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Camera Pro Or Dwi?

#16 User is offline   tlc 

• Me and the Gang
  • State:VIC

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Huga D700 :eek: Mega excitement!!

I am looking for somewhere to buy a 30mm for my Samsung, I checked out camera pro but they don't have any Sammy stuff. :(

I had a look at your links Helen and B&H have them but same price as everywhere else I looked. Bumma was hoping for a bargain! :laugh:

#17 User is offline   jr_inoz 

• Forum Regular
  • State:SA

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

View Posthelen, on 07 March 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

View Postjr_inoz, on 06 March 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

View Posthuga, on 28 February 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

DWI are grey, Camera Pro are not.

Can you help educate me? What is a 'grey import'?

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Grey_market - this explains grey market, the warranty may be invalid with the compony if you purchase grey market eg Canon so you would need to purchase warranty on top of the camera.

Another 2 shops I like
http://www.digitalca...rehouse.com.au/ (not grey market)
and in USA http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ - great with the exchange rate now

THank you! informative.

I tried to take basketball photos last night in a gym that isn't the best. Used my Canon EOS 400D with the 18-200mm IS lens (iso 1600). Not up for the job really. I put the 1.8 50mm on for a few shots, but whilst the exposure was better, it was hard to get a good shot with the depth of field. You had to be spot on. Really do need to upgrade. Am thinking the 7D with the 2.8 70-200mm sigma lens (can't really afford the canon one).

All interesting. No money of course, will have to save hard.

#18 User is offline   helen 

• Breeder / Exhibitor / Agility / Obedience

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:38 AM

If it was me and I was getting a new camera and lens to do low light work (indoors at basketball) I would be seriously considering Nikon

#19 User is offline   gapvic 

• Forum Regular

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

I finally have my Nikon D7000 and so far just love it :D . I'm looking forward to having a proper play with it this weekend. And I have a new respect for macro photographers... I'm finding using the new macro lens a challenge :o

#20 User is offline   Sir Snook le Faux 

• Forum Regular

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

View Posthelen, on 09 March 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

If it was me and I was getting a new camera and lens to do low light work (indoors at basketball) I would be seriously considering Nikon

Can I ask why that is Helen? Especially since I'm looking to upgrade soon and the only Canon stuff I have that I'd use on a new camera is my 50mm 1.8 and 580EXII Speedlite.

View Postgapvic, on 09 March 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

I finally have my Nikon D7000 and so far just love it :D . I'm looking forward to having a proper play with it this weekend. And I have a new respect for macro photographers... I'm finding using the new macro lens a challenge :o

Yay, congratulations!!! I can't wait to see your pics!

#21 User is offline   gapvic 

• Forum Regular

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

I went with the D7000 because it's a Nikon (so all my gear from my D80 will fit) and it's supposed to be very good for low light sports photography :) . That being said, I'm in no way a camera expert :laugh:

#22 User is offline   helen 

• Breeder / Exhibitor / Agility / Obedience

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

Nikon have a reputation for better low light results, less noise at high ISOs (or so I have been told). Worth checking out dpreview a bit if you want to have a look at tests.

This post has been edited by helen: 10 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

#23 User is offline   jr_inoz 

• Forum Regular

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

View Posthelen, on 09 March 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

except that I would like to use my other lenses too - and they are canon...

Share this topic:

Old topic!
This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions