Hand Raising Boxers

Guardians mum

ive taken over care of my girls puppies last week. She was in vets with severe mastitis and pups dropped weight while with her not getting milk. They were small born around 320g. Now at 4 weeks they are ranging from 1000g to 1300g. Average Dailey weight gain of 30-50g each. They are on a mix of tinned food mixed with puppy formula and dry food soaked in formula. They are also taking a bottle and getting the recommended Dailey amount of milk. I have 3 pups taking awhile to get the hang of solid food though. Vet keeps saying they are doing well but I want them bigger faster. My last litter was twice the size at this age. They are feeding probably every 3 to 4 hours usually closer to 4 as before that time they won't eat well. They sleep a lot but when awake are growling and barking, trying to climb out of pen etc. anyone have any bright ideas for me or advice

just because the pups in your other litter where bigger doesn't mean the same applies to the next litter & as you say they where small born i gather the last pups where born bigger .

Over feeding will not achieve results except pooping everywhere & not absorbing there food ,over feeding won't make them bigger .

You simply need to feed to these pups .

At that age we feed our small puppies meat,dry,fish,yoghurt etc etc .

at 4 weeks I would ditch the bottle and go straight to soaked dry food and minced meat - human grade. 4 feeds a day. Agree with showdog, overfeeding will not make them bigger faster. They will grow to their own agenda.