Another Dog, Another 'thing'

I think Madeline might be feeling a bit left out with all the medical dramas the other dogs have been having the past few weeks, so last night when I got home she presented me with this!

2004_0225june110005.jpg

Just so you're not completely confused, Maddie doesn't have an eye on that side.

Short history... She's now 4 years old. When I got her about a year and a half ago she was covered in staph infections which we finally got under control, but it seems her skin has never quite recovered. She still gets breakouts, but in general it's managable. Last month she smelled a bit 'yeasty' and had some funny looking bumps, so the vet put her back on antibiotics. She's been on a four week course and next week will have finished the course.

She has no redness on any other part of her body, just the left side of her face, and going down her neck a little way. It wasn't there yesterday morning. We've had no change in food, shampoos, clothing, washing powder, or anything else I can think of. It's still the same this morning.

Any thoughts?

Hi Crisovar, I clipped her face about 2 weeks ago. I usually do it every 1 - 2 weeks then moisturise with sorbolene. This works well for her and she doesn't have any redness or irritation afterwards. I certainly won't be doing it this weekend though! I haven't noticed her scratching or rubbing, which is why I was so surprised to see it yesterday!