Advantage Flea Treatment

I went to the shops today and was told that Advantage Flea Treatment was the best flea treatment so far , and was told that for 3 tubes would cost $75 dollars for 3 months.

Has anyone used this product on their dogs ? Or is there a cheaper product thats better than advantage ?

We used to use Advantage, but then we found Advocate which worms as well as fleas. At our vet we pay about $60 for the 3 months and around $100 (I think) for the 6 month (that's for our 19 & 24kg doggies).

I prefer Revolution but I think they are all similar. The reason I prefer Revolution is that it includes the heart worm treatment in it.

www.pricelesspets.com.au has the cheapest prices for all the different flea and also worming treaments around.

ADVANTAGE is between $37 & $41 for SIX months supply

ADVANTIX is between $41 & $48 for SIX months supply

ADVOCATE is Between $60 & $72 for SIX months supply

Priceless Pets is teh best place to buy these, the prices that have been quoted on ths thread are outrageous! :)

http://www.pricelesspets.com.au/products.php3?page=prod

Another place to buy other products like wormers etc

The Vet Shed

http://www.thevetshed.com/catalog/

:thumbsup:

Advantage and Advocate both have Imidocloprid as their active ingredient for fleas, so you won't notice any difference there in terms of one being better than the other. Both are made by the same company, however Advocate has the addition of covering heartworm and intestinal worming.

My opinion is definately that for just fleas, Advantage is by far the best product as is seems to be working better than Frontline in many cases, and is also cheaper. Not sure about the prices you were given, because from my knowledge, Advantage only comes in 4 or 6 pack, so not sure about the 3 pack? And that is a VERY high price you were told either way, I think our largest dog size advantage in the 6 month supply doesn't even sell for that high!

ADVANTAGE is between $37 & $41 for SIX months supply

ADVANTIX is between $41 & $48 for SIX months supply

ADVOCATE is Between $60 & $72 for SIX months supply

Priceless Pets is teh best place to buy these, the prices that have been quoted on ths thread are outrageous! :D

http://www.pricelesspets.com.au/products.php3?page=prod

Another place to buy other products like wormers etc

The Vet Shed

http://www.thevetshed.com/catalog/

:rofl:

Holy mother of all that is um...holy. Those prices are awesome! Bookmarking link now :eek:

Have you ordered from this mob before? Are they reliable? I'm always a bit iffy with internet buying...still stuck in the dark ages :D

Holy mother of all that is um...holy. Those prices are awesome! Bookmarking link now :D

Have you ordered from this mob before? Are they reliable? I'm always a bit iffy with internet buying...still stuck in the dark ages :rofl:

I put in an order with Pricelesspets last Tues and it arrived on Thursday. I've always gotten my orders quickly.

YES Priceless Pets are cheap as chips, interesting that they are still obviously making money out of it , yet some of the Prices quoted on this thread have been 4 times teh price of this place!

I have used them a fair bit & have had no problems, and they are delivered within a few days, once I had it overnight!

The thing with Priceless Pets is that you print off an order form & fax or mail it, so you dont have to put any credit card details online if you dont want too. I usually scan the form & send it through as an attachment.

Cheers

:rofl:

Can you use both sentinel and advantage together?

Our puppies are on sentinel and we've just noticed some HUGE fleas running around on them and they are scratching a bit. We've never had a flea problem before, so I can only gather this is from the doggy parks we've been to the last two weeks.

Are we able to treat/kill the adult fleas that are currently on them by using advantage, and let the sentinel take care of no eggs being laid?

Are we able to treat/kill the adult fleas that are currently on them by using advantage, and let the sentinel take care of no eggs being laid?

Yes - Advantage / Advantix / Frontline are all safe to use in conjunction with Sentinel, as are products like Permoxin.