Hydrobath Use With Water Restrictions

Hi,

having only recently moved to Wollongong i can't seem to find anything on the net in regard to water restrictions and using a hydrobath for personal(dogs,not me :worship: )l use only,not a business.Have looked at wollongong council site and sydney water site but can't seem to find anything in regard to hydrobath use.I own a auto fill model so obviuosly you need to hook up a hose to use it,not bucket fill

Anyone know???

thanks

julie

there was a notice inour local paper a while ago with regards to washing dogs - were on level 4 restrictions but it said youwere allowed to wash a dog with a bucket and sponge, providing the run off stayed on your property (ie you did it on the grass etc)

i doubt technically you would be allowed to use a hydro bath with level 4 water restrictions....

there was a notice inour local paper a while ago with regards to washing dogs - were on level 4 restrictions but it said youwere allowed to wash a dog with a bucket and sponge, providing the run off stayed on your property (ie you did it on the grass etc)

i doubt technically you would be allowed to use a hydro bath with level 4 water restrictions....

Most councils are allowing water use providing it is for hygiene reasons, I still hose the dog runs out and use the hydrobath. Do try and limit the amount of water used and have a trigger type sprayer on the hose.

Howdy

Have you checked out www.hydrobaths.com.au it has a section on water restrictions and what is happening within queensland with their level 5.

This is how I see it: All commercial operators including kennels, commercial breeders, mobiles, groomers and vets need to attend a certification course then apply for a permit to the relevant government agency which then sends through a permit, platic card and sticker in order for you to contoinue to use town water.

To get this permit you need to attend one of the many info sessions been held in and around Brisbane. if you are not from Brisbnane you can research the website and follow the links to other sites such as queensland commerce and the queensland water commision. :worship: - domestic users at this stage are not affected.

I believe though that if you are located in an area with level 4 or above then the state governemnt reevant to your state is watching what the Queensland government are doing very closely to see if they take the same steps.

Please note though that if anyone is using rainwater tanks to get supply in order to operate you are not affected - if requested to you may be asked to supply a sample from the rainwater tank to ensure it continas no chlorine and the like i.e you have not topped it up with town water - so be aware...only rainwater users are exempt from the permit system.

for your reference try these sites:

http://www.qwc.qld.gov.au/Mobile+Commercial+Operators

http://www.qwc.qld.gov.au/myfiles/uploads/...dog-washing.pdf

http://www.qwc.qld.gov.au/FAQs+-+Mobile+Co...s+-+Dog+washing

http://www.hydrobaths.com.au/index.php?pag...rt&vmcchk=1

thanks for the links Shartan,

unfortunately i'm in NSW(Wollongong)and i'm just washing my own dogs,not a commercial operator.

Have sent an email through to Wollongong Council in regard to my question so hopefully they'll be able to help me out

thanks

julie

In brisbane (level 5) you are allowed to bath your dog in a hydrobath. Generaly with a hydrobath you use up to 25ltrs. Strangely enough you are still allowed to bath the dog under the hose (what uses aroun 100ltrs of water)...

TAKEN FROM: Pine Rivers Shire QLD level 5 water restrictions

7 . A n i m a l a n d P e t C a r e

Restrictions on Residential and Non-Residential water use

Category of Water Use Water Restriction

Residential and Non-

Residential Premises

Animal husbandry.

For such premises, water from the reticulated (town) supply system is

not permitted to be used for animal husbandry purposes except where

it can be demonstrated:

a: that:

A: if a rainwater storage facility is not installed on the premises

by 10 April 2007, such a facility will be installed on the

premises by 31 December 2007; and

B: all available water from a rainwater storage facility installed

on the premises will be used for animal husbandry purposes

before any water from the reticulated (town) water supply

system is used for those purposes; and

b) the water is used for animal welfare and survival purposes

including for:

A: the provision of drinking water; or

B: washing the animals, provided that if a hose is used for this

purpose, only a hand held hose is used; or

C: cleaning of animal pens and enclosures with a high pressure

water cleaning unit.

Residential and Non-Residential Premises

Care of pets.

For such premises, water from the reticulated (town) supply system is not

permitted to be used for pet care purposes except where the water is

used for pet welfare and survival purposes including activities such as:

a: the provision of drinking water; or

b: washing a pet, provided that if a hose is used for this purpose, only a hand held hose is used; or

c: cleaning pet pens and enclosures with a high pressure water cleaning unit.

After 31 May 2007, where a commercial operator or a Mobile Commercial

Operator is engaged to wash a pet or clean pet pens and enclosures, water

from the reticulated (town) supply system is not permitted to be used

except in accordance with the Pet Washing Best Practice Guidelines.

Do you have it yet 4paws?? :eek: :D

Hi LMWS :)

Yep,got it about a week ago.Now have nice clean dogs again,just don't tell anyone i used it :D in case i'm not meant to be using it with the water restrictions!!!!!

Just rang Sydney Water and with level 3 water restrictions they have told me that it is fine to use a hydrobath as you are filling a container(i.e hydrobath) and as the water is not continually running it can be done anytime :thumbsup:can now take my dark sunnies off as i'm legal

Edited by 4 Paws

Akitaowner I never saw that ....

We have a hydrobath and use it to wash Henry every week. No wonder the neighbours give me dirty looks - whoops!!

But given that he has mange again and we need to use a medicated wash I would dare one of the rangers/neighbours to have a go at me. The only options are hydrbath or bathtub and he is a tad heavy to lift into the bathtub LOL

I know that my girlfriends who have dog washing businesses have gotten special permits to continue

from the sydney water website

The Level 3 restrictions are:

Hand-held hosing of lawns and gardens and drip irrigation is now allowed only on Wednesdays and Sundays before 10 am and after 4 pm

No other watering systems or sprinklers are to be used at any time

A permit from Sydney Water is required to fill new or renovated pools bigger than 10,000 litres

No hosing of hard surfaces including vehicles at any time

No hoses or taps to be left running unattended, except when filling pools or containers

Fire hoses must only be used for fire fighting purposes – not for cleaning.

Level 3 mandatory water restrictions now apply across Sydney, Illawarra and the Blue Mountains

A hydrobath is classed as a container

sydney water website and the lady i spoke to at sydney water said level 3 restrictions are in place in sydney and Illawarra

We are on Level 4 here on the Central coast and they are the equivulent of QLD Level 5 - no town water outside at any time, 150L per person per day, no buckets or watering cans, no car washing, no use of external hoses at all, no washing of any exterior surface, no use of taps or showers in public places etc etc we have been on these now for 18 lovely months... and the state government wants us to have 100,000 sydney sider overflow in the new housing estates - but no water. Hydrobath operators here for business need an exemption from the council...

Level four water restrictions

These apply from Sunday 1 October 2006 until further notice.

However, the outside use of water from some rainwater tanks that are connected internally and topped up by the town supply is subject to the previous Level 2a water restrictions. See additional details.

Requirements of Level four restrictions

Lawns and gardens

All external use of town water banned. Gardens can be watered with non town water only (greywater, rainwater or bore water).

Vehicle / boat washing

All external use of town water banned. Vehicle windows can be cleaned but only with a bucket and cloth. Vehicle includes all road vehicles such as cars, trucks, motor bikes,

caravans etc. Boat includes all water craft such as power boats, jet ski, sailing boat etc.

All external surfaces

No washing or wetting of any external surface is permitted, including paths, driveways, building surfaces, outside furniture or structures.

Private pools

All external use of town water banned.

Bowling greens, golf greens and cricket pitches

Watering systems for a total of 1 hour per day on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between the hours of 6am to 8am and 6pm to 8pm are permitted.

Nurseries and commercial gardens

Watering systems for a total of 1 hour per day between the hours of 6am to 8am and 6pm to 8pm are permitted.

Sporting fields, school ovals and grassed areas

All external use of town water banned.

Water cartage from town water supply

Permitted for domestic internal use only.

Auto flush urinals

Timer controlled operation is not permitted.

Public beach showers, fish tables and boat ramp taps.

Not permitted.

Voluntary residential target

150 Litres per person per day.

Edited by Doghouse