Suggestions For A Grieving Pet

Ok Folks... I need some suggestions on helping Mika.

She's not stopped barking since Gilbert left. I can understand it - really I can..... But when we leave the house at 7 in the morning, the last thing we need is her barking constantly as we live in Terrace Housing.

Ideas welcomed.

Ta.

Kx

Sorry for your loss. :D

I am not really much help on this but here goes......

Maybe you could go for a walk and then do some fetching to wear her out and then just before you leave give her a stuffed kong.

Doggie day care a couple of days or more per week?

Do you know if she stops barking shortly after you leave?

I hope you get some good, helpful advice. Best wishes to help your girl.

Aww :D did you post about Gilbert? I can't remember.

I agree with trying to tire her out with walking and games - any chance you know of other smaller dogs she could have 'play dates' with?

I should have mentioned... she barks when we are home too... but when we go out it is worse

We are going on holidays soon and she'll have a friend to play with, but when we come back she'll be alone again.

It's just hitting a nerve at the moment I guess...

I agree with sandgrubber.

But if that isn't an option, then you just need to let her take her own time to get over it.

My parents have lost two dogs within a matter of a month. Their only remaining dog has fretted terribly for his mates. He has only JUST started eating again but is still showing signs of his displeasure with regression in toilet training, insecurity etc etc.

Hopefully this will end tomorrow as I'm taking a new companion to my parents for him. But time will tell.

Try to spend time with her when you are home - maybe more than usual. Is this your cav? I would also suggest some Clomicalm from the vet, which will settle her a bit, and maybe stop the barking. Sorry about Gilbert. :cry: