Chicken Wings

Just wondering if anyone has a dog who gets diarrhoea when they feed their dog chicken wings?

My dogs get them as a treat but one suffers with 'explosive bum syndrome' a few hours later

Just wondering if anyone has a dog who gets diarrhoea when they feed their dog chicken wings?

My dogs get them as a treat but one suffers with 'explosive bum syndrome' a few hours later

On just chicken wings? Or on anything chicken? Or any raw bones?

You might have to try a few things to work out what doesn't suit this dog.

On just chicken wings? Or on anything chicken? Or any raw bones?

You might have to try a few things to work out what doesn't suit this dog.

Just the raw chicken wings, he gets boiled chicken as a training treat. Nothing else seems to affect him that way - but I have never progressed to trying any other raw food with him after that reaction. He's not an easy dog to keep weight on.

becks, could be your dog can cope with chicken meat per se but the marrow in the wing bones +/- the fat attached to the skin may make for this result. How about testing with a small portion, maybe as little as a 1" cube of breast meat? Is it unenhanced chook? Would a trial with organic be possible?

Some dogs that don't do chicken cope with other raw animal cuts. And vice versa. Don't know why....at least we can surmise the roo is grass fed, Chaddy's Mummy :laugh: