What Do You Feed Your Puppy?

Leenie

I feed my Malamute pup Eukanuba with natural yoghurt, vitamin C tablets and Omega 3 capsules. For lunch he gets either fish, lamb off cuts or turkey necks. My adult girl is on a raw diet that is made up myself - she gets a 400g chicken mince/minerals/vegie mix with apple cider vinegar, olive oil and yoghurt with either fish, chicken frames, turkey necks and offal meats. They also get a 2 foot long marrow bone each which lasts a week.

we've got 2 (sort of) same age pups ted, who i feed a barf diet. Ausmoz- www.barfsa.com.au is great thats where i found a shop that sells the pre-made patties. ted is a jrt maltese cross so he doesn't eat much only half a pattie. with bigger dogs i think it would be better to make food your self as the patties cost a bit.

clifford is my bros dog (ridgeback) he gets bonnie puppy food plus a variety of different bones a day. i have actually found that there isn't much difference in between the condition of the dogs. both seem to be in excellent health. i only feed ted barf abd not clifford because i'm in adelaide with ted and it easier to get. my bro lives in the country with clifford so it is bit harder to do.

i feed barf only because i can and i think it is more 'enjoyable' for a dog to eat. i haven't actually noticed a great deal of difference in their overall health/apperance. although his poos are smaller :)

My pups on chicken mince,rice and Hills Puppy little bites...plus some left overs from us! I dont give bones anymore since every variety ive had have eventually in some way got caught in thier mouths,luckily no major damage done but enough to call it quits and only use sturdy chew toys!

We feed our Cavaliers & St Bernard Royal Canin. It's FANTASTIC!!! Their coats have shine all the time, heaps of energy and generally look great. Even after litter's they still look good aswell as their puppies. I HIGHLY recommend it and they are very supportive of their breeders with incentive programs. I cannot not complain at all.

I have a 9 week old Cavalier. I feed her Science Diet as recommended, but the breeder was feeding her raw mince which i was told i should never feed her. She isnt eating as much as i would like her to so im really not to sure what to do. I have been feeding her now some cooked lean mince mixed in with her dry food, is this ok?

I have a 9 week old Cavalier. I feed her Science Diet as recommended, but the breeder was feeding her raw mince which i was told i should never feed her. She isnt eating as much as i would like her to so im really not to sure what to do. I have been feeding her now some cooked lean mince mixed in with her dry food, is this ok?

Raw or cooked is fine, lots of people feed raw. If you feed only up to 25% fresh food apparently it won't affect the balance of nutrients of the dry food.

I feed my boy on Ziwipeak and add a bit of mince with yoghurt. I also feed chicken necks, frames or brisket bones. Ziwipeak is just brilliant but it is expensive but you dont have to feed that much of it. This choice was the best thing I could have done and was definately worth the change.

Eagle Pack Puppy (Small/Medium breed), raw chicken wings, Nature's Gift Puppy (tinned), VIP Puppy roll and something different each night (whatever our older dogs are getting) such as sardines, raw egg, pasta or brown rice, veggies, etc.

Mine gets Advance in the morning. Sometimes with some yoghurt. At niht she gets either a chicken carcass or som lamb flap.

I also mix in cooked vegies if there are any leftovers from tea.

Remember you should not give your dogs cooked stuff because wild dogs do not know how to cook.

But it is fine to give them mush prepared in the blender because apparently they have learned how to use one lately.

Dogfish

Remember you should not give your dogs cooked stuff because wild dogs do not know how to cook.

But it is fine to give them mush prepared in the blender because apparently they have learned how to use one lately.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: and now there is coffee spray all over the place good one Dogfish :mad:rofl:

I gove our pup Advance dry food for brekky and occasionally puppy milk, chicken necks for lunch and for dinner she gets either tuna and veg or chicken mince and veg. Sometimes an egg or two too!

I think I've seen this picture before, but I'd like to say again - "what a beautiful puppy"!

Fraser is on Advance Puppy Growth at the moment, he was on this same food at the breeders. It is watered down with boiling water and then served once it has cooled down. Any recommendations or advice is welcome on what other quality foods are out there.

Also how much should I be feeding him? He is a chocolate labrador and currently at 9 weeks of age. At the moment we are giving him 2 cups per day with 1 cup each for breakfast (7am) and dinner (5pm).

I feed all of my dogs on Nutro with a sprinkle of Ziwipeak on top. They also have a couple of nights a week where they just have bones of some sort.

I am currently raising my pups on Nutro and they love it and are doing really well.