Advance Dry Food

I feed Lexi Advance. I went to the pet food store & asked about the different foods & was told that they were all pretty much the same. Was told that Advance is Australian & seen as she is hubby's dog & he is always for Australian made things I chose it. She seems to be doing really well on it, haven't had a problem yet but we have only had her for a few weeks so time will tell.

I have also switched to Advance and am very happy. I used to be a total RAW feeder but lately I have been a bit slack and feed Advance for probably half of the dogs meals. Before Advanced I tried Eaglepack and their stools looked like they were full of sand. :p The dogs love Advance and it seems to come out the other end just as well as RAW foods. Sorry that sounds disgusting but I have noticed with some Dry foods that the dogs stools change dramatically.

I feed Lexi Advance. I went to the pet food store & asked about the different foods & was told that they were all pretty much the same. Was told that Advance is Australian & seen as she is hubby's dog & he is always for Australian made things I chose it. She seems to be doing really well on it, haven't had a problem yet but we have only had her for a few weeks so time will tell.

Feed your dog whatever you like and whatever he does well on, but please, do some research into what goes into dog food and the quality of the ingredients. They are not "all pretty much the same" there are huge differences in quality and production. Some pet foods have been found to contain traces of euthanasia chemicals in them...

There is a lot of information in this forum alone.

• 2 months later...

I got a free sample bag of Advance puppy growth a while back and have been using it since we ran out of Innova puppy.

My dog LOVES IT. He eats all the dry food in his bowl straight away. When he was getting Innova, he'd sniff it and then walk off, and maybe snack on one or two bits if he was deperate.

I think I will contune feeding him it just because he likes it so much.

Well, if you offer him anything covered in flavourings and rancid fat, he is bound to love it, no?

Like kids, have you ever seen a kid turn town a McD meal?

Well actually, no. He won't eat many other commercial dog foods.

I feed him a majority of raw food + bones and he gets kibble as well as a supplement. I am happy with my choice.

I think that there probably are better products out there for the money BUT I generally use Advance as it is readily available here rather than me having to prethink and order other dry dog biscuits to be posted up which is normally Eaglepack. I also fidn it is one of the products that doesn't give Tilly the itches. I normally get the chicken and add a few of the new Dentabone large breed biscuits to it, they didn't like them on their own but happy mixed in.

I'm pleased to read the other good reports about the product.

Edited by Onslowsmum

We changed to Advance a little while ago. (puppy large breed)

Not sure if she likes it yet, i think she'd prefer just to have meat all day :rofl: But i want her to grow at the right pace, and i did get recommended it from a few sources.