How High Does Your Dog Jump?

Busters only about 50cm at the shoulder, but he can easily clear 3.5ft or more. ( i havn't tried any higher because i don't want him hurting his feet)

he won't attempt soemthing unless he thinks he can clear it.

Mac is about 38cm at the shoulder and jumps through the 3ft windows. But agian, we havn't been pushing it much high incase she hurts herslelf

so in an agility trial, what height would they be jumping?

and what could i put ot he other side of a jump to make it safer for themto jumper higher jumps?

I have a mastiffxstaffy girl who can clear 5" fences with ease, she doesn't climb or scramble over them, she sails over! I put up lattice fence extensions and she can still get over them. She now has a roofed run for when I am not home.

My mum had a boxer/bull terrier girl that cleared a fence that must've been atleast 8" tall, but i was young, i'll hqave to check with my dad, he built it. She just sailed over after a ball.

i dunno what to use under the jump, i'm thinking stuff like pillows could be too unstable and might cause more harm then good. I wanna see how high he can jump.

He's got a lot better, when he was young, he was a terrific jumped, he just had no direction. lol

If you dog is 50cm it would be jumping 500mm in an agility trial.

Bella is 49cm and while practicing weaving with guards up (probably about 4-5 feet high) she jumped the guards from a standing start (that is not the way things were supposed to work LOL)

Edited by helen

BL, we own Kelpies and often get involved in the Kelpie High Jump sport. - very different to agility jumping may I add. Our female kelpie has managed 8ft but the current record is held by a Kelpie called Riley who has repeatedly jumped 10ft!!

in katherine we had high jump comps. But they seemed more "jump and scrabble" and buster loses heaps of confidence if he touches a jump.

some of those dogs were amazing, we were gonna enter mac in because she's a great little climber. But we left town when she was about 12 months and didn't want to hurt her while she was still growing.

One of my friends catte dogs won 3 years running, jumping 3m or something.

We were gonna enter buster but I don't think he's even attempt it.

Edited by busterlove

Busters only about 50cm at the shoulder, but he can easily clear 3.5ft or more. ( i havn't tried any higher because i don't want him hurting his feet)

he won't attempt soemthing unless he thinks he can clear it.

Mac is about 38cm at the shoulder and jumps through the 3ft windows. But agian, we havn't been pushing it much high incase she hurts herslelf

so in an agility trial, what height would they be jumping?

and what could i put ot he other side of a jump to make it safer for themto jumper higher jumps?

Summa is a Staffy and is 360mm high and is allowed to jump either 300mm or 400mm at trial. I have put her over 600mm jumps and she doesn't have any difficulty.

I've seen Riley he is incredible. Flea can get to just under 9 foot (what ever that is) as she bombs on the 9 foot one.

Busterlove. For the landing you are better of to raise a plat form so that he is not coming down so far. Even if he is going over and not wanting to touch the jump it might be better if is landing higher than he is taking off from.

• 1 month later...
BL, we own Kelpies and often get involved in the Kelpie High Jump sport. - very different to agility jumping may I add. Our female kelpie has managed 8ft but the current record is held by a Kelpie called Riley who has repeatedly jumped 10ft!!

Wow. :laugh: That's high!

I don't know Zac's height at his shoulder, but it's about the height of a golden retriever.

And back in his day he could jump clear over my dad (6 foot 2) there's no way he could now though!

10 feet!! :) That's impressive!

10 feet is a huge jump. :cry:

our dogs dont like it when it gets too high they go under or around it at that stage! :mad

cant spell... had to edit!

Edited by Carrathool

OK my beagle who is about 40cm at her shoulders can jump straight up and down from a standing start just over 6 foot. This is a 6 foot fence so you can see how high she can get

Picture135.jpg

I was trying to take a photo of a foster dog one day and Libby heard the kids on the other side of the fence. She just leaps straight up and down so she can see what is happening on the other side and has neaver tried to go over the fence (thankfully). SO I think for a beagle that is a pretty good effort.

Edited by Freckles

I think this is how she ended up in the pound myself. Thankfully she only does it a few times a week if that. The rest of the time she has the spot in my sig well covered and can be found there 80% of the week :cry:

Edited by Freckles

Guest Steph & Bam

Bam can clear a 6ft person or fence with ease, I'm just glad he doesn't! He loves to give kisses, so if they won't go to his level he goes to theirs :laugh:

Vinnie is as kelpie x staffy and used to jump the 5 foot fence over to the neigbours without touching it, jumps into the back of the ute from a sit and does not touch the sides, even flinging himself nearly into the back window :laugh: , and has jumped the 6.5 foot front fence when there was fireworks so I'm sure he could jump much higher if taugh how to and encouraged to.

Cooper is not a big jumper, but he also loves jumping in the back of the ute, but always manages to just touch the sides.

my front door window is 4 feet up, Rusty is 15" tall and we have to tie him up or crate him in order to open the window because he can easily jump right out. Im sure he can jump higher, his old owners said he would have no problem clearing my 6 foot fence..thankfully he hasent tried lol but I do keep a tie out in my yard for him just in case lol.

Happy(21" tall) can clear my 6 foot fence, I've seen her lol thankfully she is my baby and the only time she has ever done it was because I left her in my yard while taking Misty for a bikeride around the block, Happy cleared the fence and appeared at my side lol

Misty(18" tall) can FLY, infact its her favorite pass time. steps dont exist, coffee tables are long jumps, 26" high Agility jumps are much to low etc.. how high can she jump? not a clue, but I dont doubt that she could clear 6 feet..and probably set set dock diving records too lol(unfortinatly we dont have dock diving here, because if we did I would be there in a flash to prove it lol)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My dog can do the scrambles as well, it's one of the things we had to teach them for course.

Here he is free jumping, he can jump much higher.

Nickjump1.jpg