Steve Austin

He did exactly the same as me over 15 yrs ago.

He even helped me PRE DOG days. He helped me select the breed best suited to my lifestyle...and then I fell n love and have never looked back.

I forget other dogs besides Staffys and thier variants even exist. What an asset to the dog world he is!

Steve is great :laugh: .

His wife Vicki started me in obedience trialling about 10 years ago and taught me so much.

He is so nice to everyone regardless of who you are or what experience you have. We used to all go to the pub after training and he gave me such a huge amount of his time to talk training.

Steve used to be Chief Instructor at Sutherland Shire Dog Training Club and has come back on numerous occasions and given us wonderful advice and help. Has brought along his own videos to show us.

He is very approachable and always willing to offer help. Just don't mess up his hair (hates that).

Noels.

Yeah I'm going to add to the creepy stalkers too!!

We used to go to Hanrob for training too, firstly with a very difficult dog who was eventually pts, and lastly with my JRTs. Steve was awesome when I had to make the decision to pts with Wolf, empathised with the difficult decision and made me feel that I had made the right decision. With my JRTs he picked up every improvement and was always positive.

I remember dogs in the class who were SCAREY dog aggressive, yet Steve stayed calm, kept everyone else calm and helped the owner work with their much loved dog. I will never forget one Airedale Terrier whose owners came every Saturday from inner Sydney to training with Steve. They worshipped the ground he walked on - they said that they were putting their dog to sleep until they heard of Steve and when I met their dog he was lovely! I met a number of people there with their little dogs who had been on tv commercials and Steve always had a way of making everyone in the class feel like they were part of the experience too, even if their dog was never going to be on TV.

I didn't realise how lucky I was at the time to have him as my trainer for $7.50 per week.

I believe he has just been in Vic doing a lecture for NDTF. I have a friend who attended and she's been in dogs for more than 30 years and has been to lots of different lectures/seminars and she said his was the best she'd ever attended. :thumbsup: