Starting Agility Next Week

I don't go there myself but know a lot of people that do go there. It is very recommened.

Good luck for yourself, my dogs have no problems with agility, their main problem is getting their mum (me) to hurry up and run faster!!! :rofl:

Great workout though, no gym fees required. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys! :rofl:

I can't wait to start! We've done a -tiny- bit of agility at my obedience club, but didn't feel like they really 'taught' it so much and decided to sign up to an agility club :thumbsup:

So far though my Zach has taken to it like a duck to water :rofl: I can't wait to have some real training in the sport!

Hi Kowai,

I will be at the New Members Introductory evening next Wednesday, so I will see you there. (please make sure u say hello)

There are a few other DOLer's who train there too.

Leopuppy, unfortunately we don't train at the grounds where we hold our trial (they do have nice grounds!) as our training facilities (I use the word facilities very loosely!) are not able to cope with a trial - We don't have a clubroom at Altona, but we get access to one cupboard in the footy club kitchen to store stuff and one totally grotty unisex toilet - woo hoo! We are currently negotiating with the cricket club who have full run of the clubroom, so if they are willing to let us share facilities then the Easter trial may very well be held at our own venue next year.

Consider yourself warned that agility is a HIGHLY ADDICTIVE sport!!!

People go in - but they don't come out again :thumbsup:

Oh, how true! :rofl: And some people who've retired (and should know better) go back to work so that they can pay for trial entry fees, training workshops, travel interstate .......

So don't say you weren't warned :rofl:

Seriously - it's all about having fun with your dog, and you and your dog enjoying learning to work as a team.

Totally agree with the addiction bit! :)

I don't train at Altona, have been down for a look and have seriously considered joining despite the 2 hour drive each way :( ;)

Luckily my 2nd club has weeknight training come daylight savings so that might keep me satisfied for a while... :rofl:

I'm a member but I don't go there anymore :) too crowded for me to be honest and I didn't really enjoy it much.

I prefer Wednesday night agility at Werribee, I like just buggering around on the course and having fun :banghead:

I really want to get into agility as a sport, thats why I'm signing up :) Werribee is great but I didn't think I was learning much there - it'll be great to practice what I learn at Altona though on the Wednesday nights at Werribee! Especially now its lightening/warming up!

Psst, are you coming to Kepala? :eek:

I'm a member but I don't go there anymore :rofl: too crowded for me to be honest and I didn't really enjoy it much.

I prefer Wednesday night agility at Werribee, I like just buggering around on the course and having fun ;)

I really want to get into agility as a sport, thats why I'm signing up :) Werribee is great but I didn't think I was learning much there - it'll be great to practice what I learn at Altona though on the Wednesday nights at Werribee! Especially now its lightening/warming up!

Psst, are you coming to Kepala? :)

That's the reason I joined too, but I never "clicked" with the one in Altona :o The foundation class was OK, but I found it too regimented personally. But then a lot of people love that atmosphere otherwise it wouldn't have been so packed!

On the plus side they have some nice equipment.

I was looking at joining the Altona one with a friend in Nov..... I didn't know there was one in werribee- this would be alot closer to me.... I'm bringing my sheltie and my friend is bringing her German Spitz ;)................ can't wait for november to come around, I did used to do it in WA ages ago and now I have got a dog who I know will love it I thought it was about time.....

I was looking at joining the Altona one with a friend in Nov..... I didn't know there was one in werribee- this would be alot closer to me.... I'm bringing my sheltie and my friend is bringing her German Spitz :eek:................ can't wait for november to come around, I did used to do it in WA ages ago and now I have got a dog who I know will love it I thought it was about time.....

Werribee isn't a specific agility club - you need to be in class 3 or above to play on the equipment. Some of the people there also go to the Altona club, and some went there briefly and left. We train Wednesday night each fortnight (swapping between obedience and agility), and agility Saturday mornings before obedience classes.

We have an absolute ball on Wednesday nights, the classes are less structured but there's always help if you need it.

I was looking at joining the Altona one with a friend in Nov..... I didn't know there was one in werribee- this would be alot closer to me.... I'm bringing my sheltie and my friend is bringing her German Spitz :)................ can't wait for november to come around, I did used to do it in WA ages ago and now I have got a dog who I know will love it I thought it was about time.....

Werribee isn't a specific agility club - you need to be in class 3 or above to play on the equipment. Some of the people there also go to the Altona club, and some went there briefly and left. We train Wednesday night each fortnight (swapping between obedience and agility), and agility Saturday mornings before obedience classes.

We have an absolute ball on Wednesday nights, the classes are less structured but there's always help if you need it.

Yeah I'm going to start going back to the Wednesday nights when I've learnt a bit more :cool: Also when it gets warmer! Zach and I can't handle the cold :eek:

I was looking at joining the Altona one with a friend in Nov..... I didn't know there was one in werribee- this would be alot closer to me.... I'm bringing my sheltie and my friend is bringing her German Spitz :thumbsup:................ can't wait for november to come around, I did used to do it in WA ages ago and now I have got a dog who I know will love it I thought it was about time.....

Bellarine Dog Activities Group is another place you might be interested in. Look under dog training in the yellow pages.