Aquadent For Dog's Teeth

Jean26

http://vetnpetdirect.com.au/product.php?pr...=354&page=1

I came across this while shopping for Revolution ;)

Has anyone used it or something similar?

I'l trying to find a product the my dog's teeth. I give them bones but i am a little worried about them choking on it. I usually supervise bones but sometimes Mya will bury it without me knowing and i cant find it. She'll usually dig it up when i am not home and chew on it. Which also makes Kaiser bark at her for having a bone :)

Kaiser i could probably brush his teeth without too much fuss but Mya will be more difficult.... So i thought this might be an easier solution.

Any thoughts and suggesions would me much appreciated :(

:rofl: Thanks!!!!

Haven't used it. Sounds attractive and easy, but it doesn't make sense that it keeps teeth clean AND is safe to drink :rofl:.

What about chew toys like the Nylabone type? My dogs have these inside, raw bones outside.

Brisket bones are still good for teeth but are gone in about 5-10 minutes, so maybe you'd feel better about these?

Cotton rope toys are meant to be OK for teeth, too, with bits of cotton 'flossing'. Dunno, but they're cheap and dogs love them.

I find bones do the best job for my dogs. The older one is 6 and has great teeth. I've never brushed his teeth, but no canned food (high in sugar) or dog biscuits etc.

Thanks PW.

Kaiser is okay as he will chew on toys and i have a few rope toys here as well. He also has the theeth cleaning Kong stick thingo too. The problem is Mya. She doesnt play with toys at all! The only thing she'll chew on are bones or food. I was giving her bones till she hacked up a sharp piece the other day. She brought it up while coughing (has KC at the moment). So it just got me thinking....

Any chance you can brush their teeth? I just wet a soft toothbrush in warm water and scrub Bubby's teeth. Its a tad time consuming but I find it cleans his teeth really well.

Also this sounds gross but when I check his teeth I will pick off any food thats stuck between his teeth.

Bubby gets plenty of bones but I think they are too large to give his teeth a thorough clean.

I might give bruching a go. Kaiser is a pretty tolerant boy so better to get him used to it earlier... Mya may be problematic :laugh:

Do you have to use those dog ones or can i just use a soft human tooth brush? Like the kids ones? Also do you just bruch or use toothpaste?

I jut use a soft human one. Another thing I do is I buy plain white cotton cloth, cut it into a small piece and polish his teeth with it. Its soft and u sort of work on the teeth like you are polishing silver.

He may look at you like he thinks you're mad though but they do get used to it! Mine sort of just zones off now when I polish his teeth!

No toothpaste. I dont know much about dog toothpaste and I wouldnt use a human one. Just polish with warm water!

I brush.I use dog toothpaste as no point brushing if there s no product on to assist & protect.

I also use the dog toothbrush as it has 3 heads & way easier to do the teeth at the back in one go.I also use the rubber finger brush for the front.

I do this 3 times a week plus bones.

As mine are showdogs with long coats they dont get alot of chews etc as it can ruin the coat so when they do get them its on bath day & they also wear a sleeve shirt to coner the bib & leg coat