Worming Requirements

chloebear

Holly is 3-4 months of age, I only got her last week and have no idea of what worming etc she had before i got her as she is a pound puppy. The vet gave her vaccinations and a intercept worming tablet. She still seems to be hungry all the time. I give her a cup of biscuits morning, lunch and dinner plus she has 1/2 cup of yoghurt a day as she is on antibotics. I am not sure if I should re-worm her or if the intercept would have taken care of them if she had any. Previously I have given dogs dromtol for worms. Please let me know what you think? :)

I would all worm her as well. It will not hurt.

At worst, she may have the runs for 24 hours. But that can be normal when worming puppies.

Before worming her, I would make sure all poop is picked up in your yard. Then keep a close eye on poops for the next 24 hours. If she has a worm burden, you should see it in the poops during this time. I would also make sure those poops are picked up as quick as possible

She might just be a little piglet :rolleyes: but another worming won't hurt her.

Depending on her background she might have had to struggle to get food so now when food is around her first instinct is to gobble it down before she misses out.

My 5 year old GSD still does the "I am totally starving mum" thing - even after he has had a big breakfast.

watch for diarrhoea ..often a sign that worms have taken hold again

pick up poos as quickly as u can and dont allow her to run randomly round leash free parks for a while til u get the worming under control