What Shampoo? (whitening Shampoo)

Hi,

Can someone please recommend to me out of the two shampoo will be good for my black and white Siberian husky as his white coat is kinda brown at this stage

a) Equinade Showsilk Glo Colour Shampoo

or

b) Champion Tails Restoring Shampoo Silver highlight

I also plan to get another husky in the near future and prob a red and white. Will either of the two shampoo mentioned above will be ok for the dogs.

Cheers

any response is appreciated

jackson

b) Champion Tails Restoring Shampoo Silver highlight

I also plan to get another husky in the near future and prob a red and white. Will either of the two shampoo mentioned above will be ok for the dogs.

I use this. Fab stuff. I also used it on my Saint (red and white) and it makes the red colours beautiful aswell. Intensifies them a little.

A concern with Sard is that it would strip out flea/tick products, although I've heard it's an effective whitener too.

Thanks for the responses.

I will probably try the horse stuff and see how it goes. How do i know that I am not using the black highlighting shampoo. I know you can change it for Equinade products but what about the champion tail products. Can someone please tell me what the smell is after the wash? And are conditioner needed or do I just use the shampoo?

One more question, what about brushing your dog. I know siberian husky are double coated so I was thinking of a brush like this,

Slickers (the first one)

but do not know if it is for the double coated. If there is another type can you please provide me with the links. I guess something that is cheaper or better would be good.

Sorry for all the questions

Any help would be appreciated

cheers

jackson

Edited by jackson888

Jackson, I've used Champion Tails Silver Highlight, Ruddocks Snow White, Glo-White (can't remember the brand name) and all have worked great. Both horse and dog stuff is fine. I wash them in Hoss Gloss first, and then the white stuff.

Silverhaze, I think I might try Sard next time!!

LuvMyWhiteShep - definitely go the Sards - it really works wonders *lol*

Jackson - You need an undercoat rake - http://www.petnetwork.com.au/images/mil11s.jpg

Slicker brushes are pretty useless for double coated breeds. I do love my wide toothed comb as well http://www.petnetwork.com.au/images/ccs30.jpg

thanks for all response

cheers luvmywhiteshep for the response

thanks silverhaze. the brush we're using now is pretty hopeless. not really doing the job and on top of that my little boy is going through a massive shedding. its been i think 1 and half months and is still going strong. lol

btw out of the three comb which one do you recommend.

jackson

Edited by jackson888

I dont use either .

The trick with whitening shampoos is to use the one that best suits your dog & its coat.Some absorb the whitening too much & become blue.

The trick is maintance.

Also wash the legs in green dish washing detergent first