Which Do You Use First?

I posted a thread awhile ago about whitening shampoo and how to remove stains from a friend's white dog. It had some great ideas that worked. The replies said to use either sunlight or sards wonder soap and then a whitening shampoo.

I noticed in a current thread that someone said to use the whitening shampoo and then sards.

What do people use first, the sards/sunlight soap or the whitening shampoo?

Edited by Norskgra

I don't think it really matters - but i always shampoo first, then use the sards while the shampoo is still on. Then rinse. If you are still seeing slight stains, or dog was really stained, go over again with sards - let it sit a few minutes (not too long as it can have a bleaching effect) and rinse. You should then have a sparkling white dog (only on the white areas of course!!!).

Guest Robatife BCs

I use a soap from the supermarket for my Borders, a Samoyed breeder told me about it. Can remember the name for the life of me but it is a very common all natural soap.

If you recall the name can you let me know please? Our Samoyed came from a farm with red soil and a month later he's mostly back to white but I just can't get the stains out of his legs (you can see in my avatar photo, left).

Edited by Mushiemum

Soap first and let it sit for a few minutes then add the whitening shampoo over the top and let it all sit for at least 5 minutes if they stains are really bad, otherwise rinse off after a couple of minutes. Glad to read that everyone's ideas worked. I always use conditioner if I have applied the soap.

Edited by carabelle