Oh My God!

Rainey

:rofl:

What should have been a routine day for Scuddy has turned into something else entirely! I came home at lunch time to let Scuddy out of his crate, give him a snack and then secure him in the backyard for the final 3hrs of the day. Well did I get a surprise when I opened the front door to be greeted by a super excited, body wagging boisterous little black Labrador INSIDE the house! "Come in and see what I've done daddy!" he almost jestured... I braced myself for the worst thinking oh my god Jules is going to kill me, he'll have destroyed the whole house in 3hrs! A quick scout around after securing the monster outside (and I mean properly outside) uncovered numerous contraban scattered throughout the bedrooms, hallways and living, dining, kitchen and even bathroom. I thought to myself why why why did I not close one internal door at least!

Thankfully, there was one thing that has been my saving grace... A bag of golf balls, wow what a puppy dream come true. There are golf balls and tees in every corner of our house now, some in the bathroom, some on the couch in the living room, and throughout the bedrooms... I've collected some socks, underwear, shoes and a few other little things he got his jowels around, but I still cannot find one of Jules' shoes, I've got no idea where it might be! One of my shoes was out on the lawn, soaked in puppy drool, and the other one was in his crate... I need new laces, he's pulled them apart.

I think I got out of this one lightly, considering the awful feeling I got in my gut when I realised he had free run of the entire house, including our bedroom which has paint tins, drop sheets, brushes, fresh paint on the walls and masking tape/newspaper everywhere, luckily for us it does not look like this room interested him at all, except for maybe a peek inside because the door was wide open when it was pulled when I left.

...now to find the missing shoe! Before I get shot! :laugh:

oh, that is so funny, well for me to read anyway, bet you are not laughing :laugh::rofl:

Maverick let himself in the back sliding door one night when he was about 3 months old, I must have left it unlocked. hubby found him at 6am asleep on his mat, I was terriffied he had chewed up all the kids toys but what an angel, nothing was touched.

I hope your fella didnt have any accidents whilst cruising around the house! :D

Oh and boy am I glad he's toilet trained because that would have been a nightmare! :laugh:

Gosh that would have been my worst night mare as well I hope he didn't eat the shoe :rofl:

:D that's what I was thinking... maybe you'll find bits of shoe around the house over the period of the next week LOL I'm sorry to be laughing at your expense. I'm just soooooo glad Buffy has never had free reign of our house, TRUST me we would have a very very sad story as I can almost guarantee that nothing would survive.

How did he get loose in the house to start with???

He's crated from about 10:30am until 12:30pm which is the crossover time from my wife leaving for work and me returning at lunch time. He's normally pooped by 10:30 because he gets up at 7am so it is good for him to have a 2hr snooze. Then I leave him in the yard for the remainder of the day while he gets used to it out there. He's completely content in his crate but he isn't used to the backyard yet!

Found the shoe, under the bed! :laugh:

The back door has a really bad latch, sometimes it just doesn't catch unless you slam it really hard and therefore can still be pushed open. I need to be more careful in future.

I'm proud of him, but disappointed at the same time... He's a Lab, he's supposed to be more destructive than this! I can't believe the blinds werent touched, neither were any cables, cords, or large articles of clothing. He never touched any of the things in the spare room cupboard which was wide open too. All I can think is that he was completely satisfied with the golf balls that nothing else mattered in his world?

Buffy got through out back "temporary gate" today to where the clothes line is ... thankfully she only went after the pegs and not hubby's uniforms hanging on the line....

I'm glad you found the shoe, and that it wasn't as destructive as you imagined it could have been :laugh:

I'm proud of him, but disappointed at the same time... He's a Lab, he's supposed to be more destructive than this! I can't believe the blinds werent touched, neither were any cables, cords, or large articles of clothing. He never touched any of the things in the spare room cupboard which was wide open too.

Don't tempt fate! :laugh:

The first time we left Gomez loose he ate a sock - one of these little sneaker socks.... we didn't even know until 2 days later when all of a sudden we saw said sock being coughed up -I threw it away!

Your guy must have had so much fun with the golf balls!!!

Edited by Gomez the Norfolk

The first time we left Gomez loose he ate a sock - one of these little sneaker socks.... we didn't even know until 2 days later when all of a sudden we saw said sock being coughed up -I threw it away!

But Gomez I'm sure you could have continued to use that sock!! Some people don't have the luxury to throw away items of clothing just because they've been injested by their pets :laugh: :cool: :(

Oh gosh what a giggle I got reading this, I know it may not have been funny at the time, but at least he was excited to see you come home and show you what he had been doing today!! :laugh:

So glad the show turned up................

We have a new pup also, but he is tiny, so no destruction as yet apart from newspaper shredding in his puppy pen.

But Gomez I'm sure you could have continued to use that sock!! Some people don't have the luxury to throw away items of clothing just because they've been injested by their pets :laugh: :cool: :(

eeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!