Dog Food?

barly

Currently I am thinking of switching dog food. I am using Royal Canin for my Cavaliers and Saint Bernard. Can anyone suggest another brand and do they a breeder program - what do they offer?

Thanks

barly - why are you thinking of switching - is it price? I am feeding my Standard Poodles Royal Canin (as part of their diet) and they love it. I think it is a good dry food, as dry foods go, but I wouldn't feed my dogs completely on dry food. Perhaps you could look at giving your dogs more variety, fresh chicken or Eco-Pet (my dogs love Eco-Pet and I think it's a good food)

Guest Robatife BCs

I have just switched 2 of my Borders onto Eagle Pack (they were on Royal Canin) and I they have never looked so good. They are in desperate need of a bath but their coats are gleaming. I feed raw meat too.

It's not the price. They do look good. I was just wondering if there was something better out there and well as the maybe a bit more support??? I recently had 2 litters of cavalier's and ordered the puppy packs for when they left. All we got was 1 60g sample of mini junior, a sheet of paper outlining the different stages of food and a bone that even my adult cav's had trouble chewing ???? Maybe I'm just to critical:(

Hi,

I was using Royal Canin a few years back got sick of all the trouble I had to go to just to get a crappy little sample bag to put in my puppy packs.

I now use Pro Plan. You can get an adult breeders bag 22.5kg for aound $110 ( depends on where you buy it from).

If you become a Pro Plan member you can then collect the weight circles on each bag for points. These points can then be redeamed for different things - chairs,jackets,gazebo ( I have enough points saved up to get a gazebo in just 8 months and I don't use that much dry food), you can also redeam it for food.

You get great puppy packs also.

My dogs love the food and look great on it.

Leanne

Edited by Ozstar Basset Hounds

Thanks everyone for your replies. It's a hard choice to make. I'm more concerned about my Saint puppy 8 months. As he is a large breed food is really important. As suggestions on a large breed formula??

I have been trialing the Royal Canin 'dental' dry food on both my Cavs. Ive been happy with it personally. Both dogs don't seem to mind it, but then they are Cavaliers ! LOL

But i find it a bit on the costly side... mine have been putting on weight with the dental one, despite they only get the smallest handful each day.

The vet suggested mixing it up with the low fat one. I haven't yet..

I've run out atm, and just bought with my last shopping, a Supercoat, low fat dry food for them for now.

Decisions decisions ???