Is Minced Chicken Frames And Pet Mince Okay

chloebear

I have noticed when buying chicken necks that I can also buy minced chicken frames is this worth feeding to my puppy, plus pet mince from butcher does it have any benefits or just full of offal and no good for puppy.

i dont think offal is no good for dogs, plenty of vitamins in it. chicken frames are great, full of easy to digest soft bones and cartilage dont know how old ur pup is but I think a pup over 6 months should be able to handle chicken frames unminced maybe just cut up into smaller pieces like say 1/4 or 1/5 piece of frame. but minced frames would be better than nothing.

i dont know about offal being bad

as long as there is balance

afterall the wolf eats the whole animal and its stomach contents in the wild

pet mince bought from a butcher has to pass stringent tests if its within cooee of any meat meant for human consumption

i buy it and mix it with veges and pasta or rice and they scoff it

one time i actually cooked it up and it looked like a savoury mince dish i make and i was thankful that i was on hand cos my 21yr old came in famished and was about to hoe into it!!!!!

he wasnt used to me cooking it... u see and it smelled quite good cos i had added garlic

Check what is in your pet mince. Some butchers put sausage meat and stuff in with it that you don't want your dog having. Check that it's purely minced chicken frames and you should be right. It's a very sound basis to a good raw diet.

It's only suitable to be fed raw as it has boney bits in it that could cause problems if eaten cooked.

Smell it. If it is the least bit off, don't give it to a young pup. In fact, I'd be cautious of giving chicken mince to a young pup even if it passed the smell test.

The worry is that chicken guts are big on Salmonella, and Salmonella can kill a young pup. Older dogs, with fully developed immune systems, are not so vulnerable. With frames you can see just what you're feeding. With mince, you've got to trust the butcher.

Also . . . some chicken mince is very fatty . . .