Crates

austen

Thanks everyone,

Yes - have already got the crate - the problem I am having is finding something exactly the right size to fit into the crate i.e. a mattress. I have got a couple of nice doggy blankets to put in there but was hoping it wasn't going to be too hard for him to sleep on.

I've got one of these for my young Dally's crate - he's had it for a month and hasn't destroyed it which is pretty damn impressive :thumbsup: I just lie an old blanket over the top and he sleeps like the baby he is ;) He did have one of these but it ended up like this....

L1010590.jpg

He was so proud :o

He he :) I originally bought a pillow type thing but it's way too small, and I can just picture him falling off the side of the pillow, so I think the blankets are the way to go.

Austen - have a look at the link I gave you for the bed Ziggy has now (as opposed to the one he ate) - they are excellent and appear very comfy :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link - just had a look - they look great, but the problem is with the sizing - I obviouls ly got a funny shaped crate - the small is too small and the medium is too big. Thanks for trying to point me in the right direction though :o

I've got various sized dogs and the same with their crates. I had an old foam mattress which I cut to size for which ever crate. In the summer they have a cotton pillow slip and winter, a flannelette pillow slip (purchased for 50c at the Op Shop.) For the bigger ones I get cotton sheets, flannelette sheets (again from the Op Shop) and make slips to fit then just a blanket or two on top. Foam can be bought from Clark Rubber etc in different sizes as well.

I've got various sized dogs and the same with their crates. I had an old foam mattress which I cut to size for which ever crate. In the summer they have a cotton pillow slip and winter, a flannelette pillow slip (purchased for 50c at the Op Shop.) For the bigger ones I get cotton sheets, flannelette sheets (again from the Op Shop) and make slips to fit then just a blanket or two on top. Foam can be bought from Clark Rubber etc in different sizes as well.

So you don't find that they chew the foam up?

Mishka fits in a Virgin Airlines cat box, so he has a few old newspapers in the bottom with a small soft picnic blanket.

Buffy is toilet trained, so she gets a large cardboard box with a flannelette bed sheet that was sold as a size larger then it is. She's got Sam's polar fleece blanket folded in half too, I put it in underneath, but it ends up on top of the pile.

We have the snooza pet futons in ours - however our problem was finding a futon that was big enough to fill the crate. ;)

The below picture is not actually the snooza futon - it was Indy's previous bet which he destroyed. He seems to leave the futon alone though.

27-4.jpg

Edited by Malamum

We have the snooza pet futons in ours - however our problem was finding a futon that was big enough to fill the crate. :laugh:

The below picture is not actually the snooza futon - it was Indy's previous bet which he destroyed. He seems to leave the futon alone though.

27-4.jpg

He looks comfy! Is it important to get the right sixe crate? We got ours a bit bigger because we wanted our dog to grow into it - but maybe that wasn't the best thing to do.