Which Is The Best Hydrobath To Purchase?

I am setting up a small boarding kennel and can have the bath plumbed in. It has been suggested I can go for a single tank, as I can have a hot water tap available, but when I look at the accessories list I am starting to get confused. I can have fibreglass or plastic, on wheels or not, two doors or just one, dual filter bypass rinsing, different sizes etc... :love:

As I imagine I won't be buying another one for sometime I would like to get the best I can afford. Could people who have a brand they are happy with (or what I should steer clear off) let me know. And if it's not too much bother could you please advise what are just gadgets and what actually makes your life easier.

I will need to be bathing quite big dogs eg. shepherds and some of the sizes seem a bit small eg. 1m inside length.

One of the choices had the pump exposed - seems good for maintenance but does this make it noisier for the dogs?

Sorry for the epic tale - I appreciate your input as it is hard to tell what is sales speel and what is actually true!

I am setting up a small boarding kennel and can have the bath plumbed in. It has been suggested I can go for a single tank, as I can have a hot water tap available, but when I look at the accessories list I am starting to get confused. I can have fibreglass or plastic, on wheels or not, two doors or just one, dual filter bypass rinsing, different sizes etc... :love:

As I imagine I won't be buying another one for sometime I would like to get the best I can afford. Could people who have a brand they are happy with (or what I should steer clear off) let me know. And if it's not too much bother could you please advise what are just gadgets and what actually makes your life easier.

I will need to be bathing quite big dogs eg. shepherds and some of the sizes seem a bit small eg. 1m inside length.

One of the choices had the pump exposed - seems good for maintenance but does this make it noisier for the dogs?

Sorry for the epic tale - I appreciate your input as it is hard to tell what is sales speel and what is actually true!

We just leased a fantastic one for our grooming shop from www.hydrobaths.com.au. The person we dealt with was Jose Navarro. He also hay fibreglass whelping boxes - much easier to clean!

Thanks Poodlemum - I am looking at theirs. Did you go with the biggest, top of the line one with the rinse facility? I am looking at putting a door each end and on wheels so I can move it away from the wall to let the big dogs in and out - or do you think they will just back out the way they came?

My apologies if this comes up twice still getting the hang of how to post!

i have a hydrobaths Australia auto fill model.I own german shepherds and its fine size wise.

If you have access to hot/cold taps you could always just go with the single tank and use the hydrobath for washing(add shampoo) and than turn on the taps with a length of hose connected with a nozzle to a warm temp and fresh rinse the dog

Does anyone know about this dual filter bypass thingy? It sounds like the way to go but I am not sure if it is just a gadget or something which will actually be beneficial?

Just as a sideline goes anyone use the shampoos for different coloured dogs eg. black, bronze and do they really make a difference to the finished product?

Edited by Blue Fox 001

I have a dual tank fiberglass system from Fido's. The dual tank is great. You recirculate the soapy water, then draw fresh water for the rinse. I don't think the mechanical design of Fidos is very good. Mine blew a heater element the first week I had it and the electrician who fixed it was not at all impressed by how hard it was to take apart and put together. Something went out on the pump in the third year and I got to disassemble it to take the pump to the shop. Things are packed in in a clunky manner.

Don't get wheels unless you want it to move. Do plumb it in with quick coupling fittings (I think that's what they're called . . . slip joint thingies) so you can pull it out to clean behind it.

Guest kitakins

ditto to the twin tank. there is nothing worse than trying to do rinses with a single tank. takes up so much time.

Thanks for that everyone - I thought the point with a single one and warm water available was that you can rinse immediately and have the rinse water be expelled through a drain pipe so your always rinsing with fresh clean warm water!

The ones I have been looking at have brakes on the front wheels so I suppose they won't move.

I think I will go with the dual doors (think it's an extra $110) I suppose if I don't use the second door no hassle, but it'll be there when I need it.

Once again thanks all for your input. I will go on reading all the wonderful posts for more info.

Thanks Poodlemum - I am looking at theirs. Did you go with the biggest, top of the line one with the rinse facility? I am looking at putting a door each end and on wheels so I can move it away from the wall to let the big dogs in and out - or do you think they will just back out the way they came?

My apologies if this comes up twice still getting the hang of how to post!

Yes, we got the biggest one, with double doors - it also has a grooming table attached. Our shop colour is pink, so Jose is having the bath made in light & dark pink for this - should look great.

I've got a twin tank autofill Conmurra. I've had it for years and never a problem. If I were you though, I would just go a single tank and then use your own warm water hose for rinsing. I find with large longer haired dogs my spare tank is still not enough water warmed for final rinse... although I admit I rinse until the dogs coat is more than squeaking :laugh: Cant stand the thought of residue being left.

I've got a twin tank autofill Conmurra. I've had it for years and never a problem. If I were you though, I would just go a single tank and then use your own warm water hose for rinsing. I find with large longer haired dogs my spare tank is still not enough water warmed for final rinse... although I admit I rinse until the dogs coat is more than squeaking :laugh: Cant stand the thought of residue being left.

I find the same thing with mine.Its ok with smaller dogs but if i wash my gsd the water from the rinse tank usually runs cold before i've finished.Just have the taps right behind your tank set up and turn them on to do the rinsing,that way you won't run out of water

Ive got a conmurra autofill hydrobath with twin tanks.

I got my door put of the front of the bath (where you stand) as the two ends were going to be up against a bench and a wall and it just worked better for me like that room wise.

I like having the twin tanks. If it was only going to be a little bit extra for twin tanks Id recommend paying the extra, but if it was alot then Id say not to worry.

Mines not on wheels, but my bath stays in the same spot all the time.

Hi We have a barfshop single heated with one door on wheels.

We have had this for 3 plus years and have not ever had any problems.

It is moulded plastic so will not chip ect and large enough our Akita's turn around with ease.

We were lucky at the time it only cost us $1200.00 (new) at the time.

But looking around for someone recently all hydro baths have gone up a LOT.

PS the service was fantastic and they delivered with the grooming table which we still have and in perfect working order as well.

Hope this helps.

Malisa

post-4863-1193572506_thumb.jpg

Aust Champion Lanzeon Mishka (Mason)

Steer clear of plastic hydrobaths as the surface will scratch and this results in serious hygiene concerns. The polished surface on a fibreglass bath will not retain bacteria as the surface is hard and therefore the bacteria cannot breed on the surface. This is the reason why domestic spas are not made with plastic, as it would be a cheaper alternative to the more expensive fibreglass.