Got My Ht

The title says it all really. We went to the Uralla herding trial at the weekend and Ebony not only managed to get her two passes at HT, but we also got commended by both judges.

Those of you that do herding will appreciate that HT is not really anything that impressive and those of you that do herding with GSDs will appreciate that HT can be bloody hard work for some of us :rofl:

I now have all summer to work on a decent and reliable stop.

Cheers,

DagBoy

What Dagboy didnt mention was the "commendation" was in the form of a trophy for the most Highly Commended dog :D . Getting it from both judges was a great achievement :eek: .

Jonty managed 1 pass, he would have passed on Sunday as well except the judge took exception to him nipping at the sheep.

Congratulations :eek:

As someone who has a BC who is struggling with HT (bad wool puller) that title can be a huge acheivement with some dogs and is can give you more of a thrill than with a dog that just does it easily.

Congratulations and well done :rofl:

I'm just getting into herding and did a clinic on the weekend and so much to learn, took me half a day to figure the signals and commands!

Silvawillow, was that with Colin Webster (aka God in this house :thumbsup::rofl: )?

To get an idea of how many problems Dagboy has been having with Ebony & what an achievement HT is for them, up until about 3 weeks ago Ebony wouldnt even work at all, everytime he took her in the ring she would shut down as soon as he told her to stop or tried to get her to change direction & would go & sit at the gate, so to get 2 passes & 2 Highly Commended awards as well in one weekend is a great achievement for him (& her) :rofl: . Im very proud of him! :thumbsup:

Thank you all for your kind words. I am very proud of Ebony - she has proved she is not a boofhead all of the time.

Watch this space (in about 7 months time) for me telling you we have passed PT :thumbsup: Oh OK, maybe that is being unrealistically optimistic.

Cheers,

DagBoy

Thank you all for your kind words. I am very proud of Ebony - she has proved she is not a boofhead all of the time.

Watch this space (in about 7 months time) for me telling you we have passed PT :thumbsup: Oh OK, maybe that is being unrealistically optimistic.

Cheers,

DagBoy

Dagboy

you undermestiate yourself and Ebony both have worked hard and the results are starting to show. Just got to keep up the good work and aim for the stars. PT Will be easy after 7 months of hard work eheheheheheh

Tracey

Ebony certainly loved the sheep and didn't want to stop did she !

We totally understand - took us ages to get a stop on Ky, but hopefully not too long on Spirit !!!

Hope to see you again

Pics of Spirit (who got her HIC) at Clarence Trial

Hey Quobba, I just worked out who you were, I forgot I had told you to look out for us :cry: (bit slow me! :cry: ) Was great to meet you (even if I didnt realise you were from DOL!).

Spirit certainly did well, she is a gorgeous girl :mad & she looked really good out there - those are great pics :angel: .

Well done, DagBoy and Ebony!

If Ebony is any bit as difficult as Jack (ACD x GSD) was when we tried our paw at herding, you've done brilliantly :thumbsup: He's now in retirement after a brilliant career of training sheep to run marathons :rolleyes:

Congratulations and well done :rolleyes:

I'm just getting into herding and did a clinic on the weekend and so much to learn, took me half a day to figure the signals and commands!

Silvawillow, was that with Colin Webster (aka God in this house :thumbsup::rofl: )?

MrsD you're spot on! He was great and I loved his approach and method.